Chapter Two

The next day Tony was on the phone when Ducky walked over hanging up the phone "Something wrong Ducky?" Tony looked up at him.

"I do not want you dating my niece."

Confused a little, "It was just a date!"

Placing his hands on Tony's desk, Ducky leaned forward, "I do not care. You are not the kind of guy I want her with."

Placing his hand over his heart, "Ouch Ducky."

"You're a good agent, Tony. But you are not good with women." Ducky left without another word.

Later that day, Gibbs was coming back from Abby's lab when he was joined by Charlie in the elevator. He reached for the button, stopping the elevator.

"Come to see Tony?" He faced her.

"Nope came by with some food to have lunch with Ducky." Smiling at him.

Sticking his hands in his pockets, "How was that date with DiNozzo?"

Leaning against the wall, "A complete borefest to be honest. The charm was laid on too thickly for my taste. He took me to some silly romantic restaurant."

Moving next to her, "Let me guess. You'd rather have gone to a nice place with a little dancing while waiting for the food. And a light coat of charm."

"Maybe, depending who the date is. I'm more of 'let's go to a Knicks game and get some nacho's and hot dogs, with lots of laughing' kind of gal. Go somewhere that is fun."

Turing the elevator back on, "I'll remember that."

Charlie was laying on the couch in some green booty shorts and an orange spaghetti strap shirt. She and Ducky were watching TV after they made sure her grandmother got to bed all right. She was eating some popcorn when the doorbell went off.

"Got it." Charlie rose from the couch to answer the door. "It's called a phone you know." She smiled when she saw it was Gibbs.

"And miss seeing you like this?" Returning the smiled as he took her in again a second time.

Shaking her head as she laughed, "Do you need to talk with Ducky or something?"

"Get dressed and let's go." He told her.

"I can't leave Ducky."

Looking past her, then back to her "He won't mind."

Gibbs waited outside while she dressed and told Ducky she will be back later, stepping outside, "What's so important that you show up on my uncle's doorstep without even a call?"

Opening the door, "Surprise." Was all he said.

They drove for a few minutes, listening to the radio. "You pulled me out of the house to take me to a Fair!" She said when she saw Gibbs pulling into the parking lot.

"Well, I thought that the Miss Cornstalk winner would love a Fair." He joked.

Charlie's face went red from embarrassment. " Oh my god! The Duck man told you about that?!"

Both got out of the car. "He has a picture of that on his desk at work."

Shaking her head, "I am so embarrassed. I didn't even want to be entered in that beauty pageant contest thing. But I got in trouble and as a punishment, my mom signed me up."

"Well, Miss Cornstalk, you ready for the Fair?" He smiled.