Chapter 8 The Great Escape.

Photo of Hassid ☺

As Ethan was being wheeled away by the guards, he began to get an idea about how he was going to escape. But just then he heard someone say.

"Don't bother, there is no way to escape." There was only one problem, with who said it. The voice was not said aloud but in his head, which confused Ethan to no end. "Who said that?" Ethan thought back. "It's me Hassid!" Hassid had discovered where the military had taken Ethan and the other vampires and came to rescue them. "Hassid! Where the hell have you been?!" Ethan thought back angrily.

"I'm sorry that i ran off before. But there was no sense in both of us getting captured." Hassid reasoned. "Well why didn't you warn me about this?" Ethan asked. "While we were in your room i could sense the presence of the military, and that could mean only one thing. That they had discovered you and wanted to capture you, like they have been doing to all the others like us." Hassid told him. "So is that where they are taking me? to the place where they have been holding the other vampires?" "Most likely yes" Hassid answered.

"So how is it that you are talking inside my head?" Ethan asked excitedly. "It's one of my abilities. You see each vampire, once turned possesses an ability all their own. Some develop the power to read minds, some can walk through walls, it really depends. Some vampires develop the abilities of the first of our kind. But the rarest power of all, is a power that not even the first vampires could fight against. The power of duplicating others abilities."

Just as Hassid was about to explain this to him, the guards had stopped at a large metal door, they then unhooked Ethan and put him in the room. "Enjoy your stay vamp boy, you are going to be here for a long time." The guard said chuckling evilly as he slammed the door shut. "Hassid, you still there?" Ethan asked in thought. "I'm here, Ethan what happened?" Hassid asked worriedly. "Nothing, just my guards threw me in my new "home"." Ethan said bitterly. "So you were telling me about some rare ability or something like that?" Ethan asked sort of annoyed still of being thrown into a tiny cell. "Yes, the power to duplicate others powers, it's a very rare ability that no one has possessed in thousands of years. Many think that it doesn't exist, but i now know that is does." Hassid said determined. "How do you know that the power exists?" Ethan asked. "Because. you are not just talking to me , you are projecting your thoughts to me as well." "So?" Ethan asked. "So, that means you are using the same ability as me. Right now I can see all the things that your are seeing. and with a little bit of training, you will be able to see what i see as well."

"Wait ..... so you're telling me that you can see what I am seeing right now, because I am projecting my thoughts to you?" Ethan asked astonished. "Yes, I could tell just by looking at you that you had the ability of power duplication. You can copy any vampires abilities and powers and once they are copied you are immune to the powers." Hassid said. Ethan started letting out an overwhelmed breath, after being told that he could possibly be the most powerful vampire in the world.