3. The eye candy

Hard it is to live or survive.
Struggling through the days,
Harder it is to stay 'alive'.

                                               –Deep-Ace
______________________________________
Chapter track
Kiss from a rose- Seal
______________________________________

Neil

This place reminds me of my home town.

The same old mesmerising beauty of the mountains. The cold morning breeze, cool weather and a sound environment.

Everything feels so similar, yet so different because this is not where I grew up, not my home.

Gangtok was never my preference. I loved my place, Kurseong.

With my family, friends and all, I was happy and fully satisfied with my life, until I screwed up everything.

Drugs--a disease I got for myself. The worst decision I ever made. I didn't even realise how fast it became the most destructive as well as an essential part of me.

It's hard to deal with the fact that I've been a disgrace to everyone who matters to me. The overwhelming guilt sometimes chokes me so bad and it kills me day and night but still no matter how much I try, I can't erase it out of my life.

All I've got now is regret, useless regrets.

I sip the tea from my mug and try to distract myself by focusing on how the earth is getting brighter every minute with the rising of the sun.

But I'm distracted again, by the feeling of being watched.

Even though my eyes are not in the direction, I can still figure out a silhouette of a person standing a bit far on my right side.

After a few seconds of tolerance, I look towards the freak, who to my amusement turns out to be a girl, and she isn't ordinary, she's beautiful.

And I do the exact opposite of what I intended to do, I just stare back at those beautiful dark eyes.

I'm struck at the moment.

Whatever she has done with her hair, it's helping her pretty face to flaunt its loveliness. Her eyes are innocent as if they've never seen anything bad, her straight delicate nose is perfect and I never ever thought that someday I'd find the act of brushing one's teeth so adorable.

I don't recall myself describing a girl like that. I mean, I never really had time for girls.

But this girl??

I wouldn't say that she is the prettiest girl I've ever seen but I've never found someone as adorable as her.

She barely blinks her big wide eyes as she looks directly at me. It's a bold move to look at a stranger like that but at the same time those eyes look petrified and that automatically makes me smile.

But, she runs away.

Awkward.

I probably scared her off.

She left me clueless, with so many questions bugging my head.

I don't feel like standing here anymore, so I get back to my room, play some tunes in my guitar for maybe an hour, take a quick shower but nothing is able to distract me from constantly imagining the glimpses of 'the girl from the balcony' and I'm smiling like a madman just thinking about her.

Finally getting over the weird incident, I head downstairs to be welcomed by a mouthwatering smell of food coming from the dining room.

I enter the room and see a cheerful couple waiting for me with breakfast neatly arranged on the table.