Book 2, Chapter 50:

Bobby kept smiling with one hand resting on his chin while watching the little girl eat her oatmeal. There was something about the scene that somehow relieved him of his stress.

Buu, on the other hand, is talking nonstop, as she described watching him go around the base and talking to lots of people.

"Why are you talking to a lot of people anyway?" Buu asked curiously.

Unfortunately, Bobby was forced to open up to her about his plans, just because he didn't want to lie to her.

"Don't leave the one on the side, eat that as well," Bobby admonished, then sighed. "I'm planning to become the one who is in charge of the base," He admitted. "And I'm walking around the base to convince certain people that it is better if I am the one in charge."

Buu blinked. "Why not just ask the boss to make you the boss."

Bobby nodded. "Actually, that's the plan. But before I can ask the boss, he needs to know that many other people think I will be a better boss than him, so that he will step down."

"Can I also be the Boss?"

"Not today, little one," Bobby said.

Buu shrugged. "I don't care who becomes the Boss. I just want to be sure you bring me with you when you become one."

Bobby had to smile again. "I promised. I'll bring you with me."

And that was when Buu told him how she followed him around the base with the magical ropes. It confused Bobby at first, and then he realized that Buu was talking about the mana lines, and it astounded him. He already considered himself with his high intelligence to be mana sensitive, but Buu was the true definition of a mana adept. After a series of questions and simple tests, Bobby realized that Buu could actually see, smell, taste, feel, and even hear the mana around her.

"How can you even hear mana?" Bobby asked, incredulous.

"Well, it goes like 'wooooooooooh'!" Buu said as if that explained everything."It becomes louder if there are a lot of them in one place. It's best if you play with them or shoo them away if that happens."

"Shoo them away?"

"Yeah!" Buu said happily, with the pure innocence of a child.

Bobby was already calculating and forming battle tactics in his head. If he had the capability of depriving an area of mana completely, he could render a whole army of mages completely combat ineffective in a matter of seconds.

Then he turned, look at the adorable little girl, and shook his head. No matter what happened, he promised himself,  I will never use this child in a battle.

"Done!" Buu declared, showing her completely clean plate proudly to Bobby.