Chapter 2

I smiled up at my sister Jackie. She was so pretty, unlike me.

Hi, I'm Casey Evans. I was named after my great granfather.... Casey Evans.

My sister is Jackie Evans, the most popular, pretty girl in school. But... at home she acts a bit paranoid.... except for arround me. She always said that since dad's death, I was her safety. No one knew why I was her safety, I just was.

Mom said it was because she was never around. She worked as a nurse, keeping us fed and happy. We didn't really mind much. It was just hard trying to mother eachother.... especially since we're both very stubborn.

Mom says we get is from dad. He died when I was little, and Jackie had never said goodbye. But I was there with him. Mom took up more hours at the hospital so we could keep the house, and Jackie took care of me.

She was only three years older than me, but was a great sister/mother.

"Casey," She said, looking up at the sky thougthfully, "One day, you'll understand that being pretty isn't about society's deffinition. It's about being yourself, and not giving a fuck what other people say." I was surprised at the comment. Jackie rarely swore, and only did so quietly.

"Uh, Jackie? You okay?" I ask. Jackie looks down at me with a sad smile.

"Of course I am." She says. I shrug it off as Jackie's normal lack of sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Jackie!" I yell, jumping down from the counter, "Where the hell is the popcorn?!" I get no response, and grumble in annoyance. Jackie always has her music turned up loud, so she can never hear me.

I walk towards her room, hearing her Alternative Rock blaring at full volume.

"Jackie!" I yell, trying to open the locked door. I sigh, grabbing the key that she keeps on the door frame, and opening the door.

"Where the hell is the po-" I begin. What greets me is not Jackie, yelling to get out of her room.

But there's Jackie.... hanging from the ceiling fan. Blood running down her slit wrists.

"JACKIE!!!!!!" I half scream, half sob. Tears are streaming down my face as I grab my phone, dialing 911.

"Hello, what's your emergency?" The woman asks.

"Please! Help! My sister...." I sob out. I give her my information, and after a few minutes, hear sirens.

Police and paramedics run in the house, pushing me away to investigate Jackie.

One woman, looking about 30 or so, sits me down on the couch, trying to console me, and ask me questions.

My sister just comitted suicide, and I know why.

Today was the day of the car crash- the day Jackie was supposed to die. The day dad died.

Soon, my mom rushes in the house, looking terrified as they bring Jackies body out in a bag.

She runs to me, hugging me tightly. We are both sobbing. I look up at the window, but instead of seeing myself, I see a girl crying.

Not only is she crying, but she holds something in her hands. Without looking up, she pops it into her mouth....

Pills.

I look at the reflection confused. She doesn't look up, just sobs, like I am now. After some time, she stumbles away, still crying. I blink a few times.

And there's my reflection.

I must be imagining all of this. I'm in shock. I'm delusional.

My mind wanders- more like slams- into the present. My sister is dead. My father has been dead.

And that girl.... is she dead as well?

What the fuck is going on with my life?

********

AYYE! Song of the day to the right, yo! (TBH I have had this song stuck in my head alllllll day)

What do you think of this story? Comment truthfully, and please vote if you like it! Love you guys! Oh, and don't forget to go read about Lacey in my other story! Thanks :D