Chapter 9: The Start of Shark Week

I slept until three in the afternoon. That was some of the best sleep I've ever gotten. Michael and I didn't get home until past midnight because I was on a sugar rush and he tried to calm me down and get me from being excited. When I eat a lot of sugar, I talk a mile a minute without taking a breath. My sentences just bled together and you can't understand what I'm saying. I also get hyper and can't stop but moving. Then I have a sugar crash and go into what I like to call, "A Sugar Coma".  I've been asleep since 12:30 last night. Michael said as soon as I got in bed, I was out. I went to sleep so fast, he thought that I passed out. He even said that my pupils dilated when I ate that ice cream. I think they put some type of drug in it, but we both knew it was because of the sugar. I sat up in bed and pulled the covers off my body. I forgot that I slept in nothing but underwear last night. I grabbed a nearby T-shirt and put it on. I got off the bed and saw a streak of blood were the lower half of my body was. I grabbed my phone, anxiously going to my period tracker app. Turns out I was three days late, but these things are never that accurate and it gets on my nerves. Have me thinking that I'm pregnant, even though I'm still a virgin. I groaned. "Not today! Eve, this all your fault for eating that freaking apple!" Michael walked in. "Hey, you alright? I heard you talking in here."
"I'm okay, it's just God giving me my period on a Sunday. Now, I have to deal with cramps and a crime scene in my pants for the next five days. I'm so sorry about the sheets! I'll wash them! I just need peroxide! It'll get the blood right out! Of my gosh, I'm so embarrassed!"
"Claire, it's okay! Look, I'm gonna go run you a nice, hot bath. You take as long as you need and I'll handle the sheets. I'll get you some clothes to change into," he kissed my forehead and brought me to the bathroom. He ran the water and waited for the water to get hot. He then poured bubbles. "There you go. All you need to do is relax. I'll get you some candles and some music so you can really relax."
"Mikey, I don't need all of that. I'll be good with just the bath and bubbles. I'll probably be out of the tub when the bubbles go away. So about an hour or so."
"Okay. I'll go get you some clothes," I nodded and he closed the door behind him. I started stripping off my clothes and got in the bathtub. I sighed dreamily as I closed my eyes and relaxed.

Michael's POV

I got a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt. I went to the bathroom and put the clothes on top of the toilet seat. I then grabbed her a towel. I kissed her forehead. "Hey, I got you some clothes," I told her. She nodded with her eyes closed. "Okay, I'll be here," I kissed her once more and left her alone. I went to my room and stripped the bed. The blood didn't get on the mattress, but that's not a big deal. I brought the sheets to the laundry room and poured peroxide on them. I rubbed it in and put it in the washing machine. "What happened? I just washed your sheets a couple of weeks ago."
"It's shark week."
"Oh gosh. Is Claire okay?" Mom asked. "Yeah. Do we have any pads or tampons for her?"
"I think we might. Let me go check," mom left and I started the washing machine. I grabbed new sheets and went go put them on my bed. "Yo!" Ethan walked in my room. I forgot he was asleep on the couch. "What's up, E?"
"Why are you changing your sheets? Did someone have an accident?" I rolled my eyes. "Grow up."
"You know I'm incapable of growing up. I have the mentality of a five a year old."
"It's shark week with Claire."
"Oh, shit. Bye! She hates me even more when it's shark week! Dude, we gotta go! You know she's the fucking devil on her period! That girl is straight up evil! Last month, this girl put fucking pins on my chair and I sat on it! Sat on it! This was no ordinary pin, it was a pushpin! Do you know how much pain my ass was in?! She didn't put, not just one or two, this girl put five! She has no emotions. But when I try to tell her something, she starts crying. Then, she's back to being her bubbly self," he sighed. "How do you handle girls, when they're bat shit crazy on their period?"
"You just treat them like you would any other day. You see, Claire is different than Lindsay you know? Clair isn't—"
"A thot? The Queen of Thots? A backstabbing, manipulating, cold hearted bitch?"
"Yes, exactly. Claire just has that vibe you know? You just know she's a good person by the vibe she gives off. She's really caring and takes other people into consideration except for her. She's just a big ball of sunshine. She's cheerful, has a good ass heart, and she always has a smile on her face. Did you know she volunteers at the nursery home every weekend? When I tell you that girl has a heart of gold, she has a heart of gold."
"Yeah, I get it, she's perfect."
"I didn't say she was perfect, but she's perfect to me. Not everyone can get a girl like Claire. I'm lucky, I guess," I shrugged as I continued fixing my bed. Claire walked in with a plate of food, a bag of Cheez Its, and a bottle of Sprite. She sat on my bed as she ate her food. "What? Y'all looking at me like I'm some exotic animal. If y'all got a problem with me eating, then we can settle it. After I eat," I sat down next to her and kissed the side of her face. She giggled and tried to push me away. I grabbed the plate out of her hands and put it on the nightstand. I continued to plant little kisses all over face. She was giggling like a little kid and kept trying to push me off. "You guys are so cute, it's making me want to throw up. I think this is worse than seeing my sister cuddled up with her boyfriend," I turned to Ethan. "Ethan, you my brother and everything, but can I get a lil privacy with my girl?" He raised his hands. "Say no more. I was on my way out anyway. My mom wants me back home because I have school tomorrow. So, imma see y'all at school tomorrow," Ethan grabbed his bag and fists bumped me. "Aight, imma see y'all. Bye," with that, he left, closing the door behind him. I went back to kissing Claire and making her laugh. "Stop! You're gonna make the bleeding worse!" She wiggled under me and I let her go. "Thank you! Geez!"
"You know you love me, Claire!"
"I don't when you're like this!"
"Am I annoying you?"
"Extremely!" I smirked and started poking her. She took a deep breath, annoyed with me. "Michael Clark Robertson Hall. I am this close to biting that finger off."
"A little gory are we?"
"Michael, please stop."
"What if I don't want to?"
"Then you can kiss that finger and your parents goodbye."
"Are you threatening me?" I mocked gasped. She rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic."
"I'm dramatic? You just threatened to kill me and bite my finger off!" She shrugged and grabbed her plate. She finished eating, then she opened her bag of Cheez Its. I turned my TV on. "Can you see if SpongeBob is on?" I found SpongeBob for her and she was happy. "Yaaaay! Thank you!" If you want to make your girl happy, put on SpongeBob and give her food. "Do you need anything?"
"Nope, I'm good! I have SpongeBob and my Cheezits!" She had a big 'ol smile in her face. She sometimes has the personality of a five year old, but it's really adorable. She yawned and crumpled up her bag and laid down, cuddling next to me. "I hate periods. Can you rub my stomach?" I nodded and started rubbing her stomach. She moaned in satisfaction. "Oh my God, thank you," she closed her eyes and fell asleep.
✨✨✨
While Claire was sleeping, I went on Instagram to see what was going on with the world. I haven't been on Instagram in weeks. SpongeBob still played in the background, while I was scrolling on Instagram. I came across one of Lindsay's pictures. I unfollowed and blocked her. I don't need that type of negativity in my life right now. I continued scrolling and I got a text from the she-devil herself.

Linds😽✨: Why'd you block and unfollow me on Instagram??

Me: Because we're not together anymore...?

Linds😽✨: You didn't need to block me!

Me: Okay and?

Linds😽✨: Come on baby! I know you still want me!

Me: Bye.

Linds😽✨: Come on, Michael! I know you still love me!! We can be so happy together! Come by my house and I'll show you what you're missing!😏🙈

Me: ...

Linds😽✨: What do I have to do to convince you? Do you want a nude? Sex? What??

Me: I want you to leave me the fuck alone.

Linds😽✨: A nude it is. I'll be back😉🍑💦

She sent me a nude picture of her a couple minutes later. My dick throbbed in my sweatpants.

Linds😽✨: I know you like what you see, Michael. I'm guessing you'll be over in ten minutes😉

My dick kept throbbing and I needed to relive it. I bit my bottom lip, as I carefully got out of bed. I was careful and quiet enough to not wake Claire up. I quickly slipped on a T-shirt and my slides. I grabbed my keys and sneaked out of my room.