Wedding Planner

September 18th, 1997

"Good morning Mariah," Daniel said with warm smile. Mariah chuckled at his soft touch and small greeting on the start of new day. His index finger trailed her jawline as he said," We've got a big day ahead of us. Gotta plan this crazy wedding with your father and talk to some directors about a documentary about you. It's called Butterfly: Love and Music." Mariah had never been so happy in her life," Sounds like a plan."

-------

"Glad you two could make it," Alfred said with a welcoming, cheerful smile. "Happy to be here sir." Daniel replied. "Please, call me Alfred." The older man added with laugh before he continued," So, I've picked out three places so far. A giant lavish church, a castle—"

"A castle!?" Mariah said, excitedly. Her eyes lighting up brightly like a star in the black night sky. Alfred laughed and remarked," I had a feeling you'd say something like that. I already know what place we're seeing first."

----

"This is amazing!" Mariah yelled happily as spun with her hands up in the air. "It has an echo and everything! Throne chairs, lion statues and watch towers! What more could a girl ask for? I would want to live here!" Daniel and Alfred laughed as they followed after Mariah. Both had their hands in their pockets and calmly walked after her. "What you think Danny?" Mariah asked. He laughed and replied," It's perfect and I'm not just saying that because you like it. Castles are pretty cool and I've always wanted to kinda be inside of one."

"Well, now all we have to do is organize everything else." Alfred said," You guys can go talk to those directors. I'll handle everything else, I'll call you back when I need to discuss the choice of music at the reception."

"Are you sure dad?" Mariah remarked," I don't want to make you do all the hard work." Alfred laughed," Don't worry Ms. Carey, have you forgotten planning weddings is one of my talents. You two should hurry along, I don't want to keep those executives waiting." Mariah laughed and replied," Thanks Daddy." Embracing him with a small hug before giving him a kiss on cheek while standing on her toes and even lifting up her left leg as she did so. Daniel raised his eyebrows in shock as he watched Mariah skip down the hallway that led to the giant entrance. "Come on Danny," She said," Last one to the car is buying ice cream." He laughed, shaking his head he jogged after Mariah.