Chapter 16: The Darkness In His Eyes

Hey, guys! After this story, I will be writing the next one, which I will be publishing very soon in the next few months of summer.

Anyways, please read & review!

Kakashi did not expect that the two close friends would come to the rescue at this time of trouble. But he figured it out that they need to confront Sasuke at all costs.

"Naruto! Gaara!" He said in surprise and sighed in exhaustion. "You guys shouldn't have come, but thank you..."

"Kakashi-sensei, you can't do this alone, especially that I'm involved in this situation. After all, you, me, and Sakura are part of Team 7. As of now, leave this to me and Gaara, you know what to do..." the blonde-haired ninja explained gently and glanced over his left shoulder behind him to look at the unconscious pink-haired kunoichi in concern.

The red-haired Kazekage, on the other hand, nodded in agreement and slowly examine the wound that Sasuke had infiltrated in her abdomen. "Sakura..." He murmured softly, then took out one of the antidote injections from his pouch. As soon as he popped the cap off, he quickly inserted the needle in her left arm. The liquid began to stream down at a slow pace until the pink-haired kunoichi returned to her normal breathing.

"Hmph... How touching. Just as I thought. Two losers had finally shown up and become heroes," the dark-haired ninja remarked in a sneer.

Naruto turns around to look at his former best friend and said in disappointment. "You were really going to kill her, weren't you... Sasuke?"

Kakashi stood on his spot and thought the same thing.

Gaara was kneeling down on one of his knees while gently holding onto Sakura's body. He couldn't help but gaze around her face and waiting for her to recover from the toxic poison.

Then, her eyes began to flutter open in a blurry vision until they became clear to see the first person staring at her in worry.

"Gaara..." the pink-haired kunoichi gasped out in surprise as her eyes were glistening back and forth in tears and ask. "What-what are you doing here...? How did you-?"

"Naruto told me everything about your plan and what you were going to do... Are you okay?" The red-haired Kazekage explained and asked softly.

Sakura blinked her eyes for a moment and gave him a nod, saying. "Yes..."

Gaara's lips curved into a warm smile in relief. "That's good to hear."

As soon as he helps her lean forward, the pink-haired kunoichi tries to stand up on her feet, but her whole body became a bit heavy after the stabbing incident had happened to her abdomen. The same exact spot that Sasuke had inflicted upon her, which she started to wince out in pain.

"Aghh!" Sakura dropped her knees on the surface of the water.

But Gaara was there to support her from falling and put his hand around her waist.

"Thank you..." the pink-haired kunoichi said shyly.

"You're welcome," the red-haired Kazekage murmured.

"Sasuke... Sakura is part of Team 7, just like us," Naruto pointed out boldly in anger.

"In case you forgot, I'm EX-team 7," the dark-haired ninja stated with an evil smirk.

"Was that proof enough, Naruto? Sasuke's not the same person anymore," Kakashi said quietly.

"Sasuke..." Naruto called out calmly.

"WHAT?!" The dark-haired ninja asked firmly.

"Tobi told us the truth about Itachi. I don't know if I believe him or not, but either way, everything you've done..." the blonde-haired ninja explained and continued on. "I understand why you did it!"