1

Lexie's POV

"Why do I have to go? I'm not really a people person." I said to Lilly and I   Sat back on my bed. She had been trying to convince me to come to this stupid party all week I had refused again and again but Lilly is nearly as stubborn as I am. "But it's your birthday. The start of the last year of your childhood." She said pulling me back up. "I'm 17 not 6." I replied in an annoyed tone. She threw my short black dress at my face and turned to walk out. "Get dressed and I'll meet you by the door in 20 minutes." She yelled back at me.

Fine I guess I should go and look after her and well she's funny when she's drunk.

20 minutes later I stood by the door in my dress and trainers because fuck heels. "I'm waiting" I yell at the closed door of Lilly's bedroom. "Ok ok I'm coming." she said revealing her bright yellow crop top and black shorts. She looked perfect as ever. "No fair, it my birthday and you look like that and I look like this." I say casing her to smile. "You look... ok." she said and run out of are apartment. "Fuck you." I whisper under my breath as I ran after her.

As we walked in to the party I v-lined straight for a single chair in the corner and pulled out my book. I had finally gotten round to re-reading Alice in wonderland which has been my favourite book since I was a child. I opened it at my page and settled in for a long night.

Billies POV

I was drunk. Very drunk. My stupid friends had dragged me to yet another party this week or last week at this point I don't know anymore. I was starting with a bunch of people that I wasn't sure if I new and some I definitely didn't. Suddenly I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen walk in with her friend. I followed her with my eyes as moved through the crowd straight to a chair in the corner. One of the twins came over to me but I couldn't tell which one " We have to go Billie you're drunk." they say and tried to pull me over to my friends huddled in the corner. They were laughing at me and calling me over. I started walking not over to them but to the girl in the corner. Her long black hair fell perfectly around her face which was scrunched up in a concentrated way. She looked adorable. "Hi" I said to her while pulling up a char next to her. She didn't look up or even notice me. I just sat there staring straight at her. "Not creepy at all" she said with out looking up. I just stared at her. She had dark brown eyes and red plum libs. "Seriously, what's your deal dude?" She said finely looking up only to pull out her phone. I grabbed it and opened contacts. "Give that back you weirdo." She yelled at me. I did as she said it still open at my concert info. "Bold move weirdo. I respect that." She said smiling. "Are you ok, Billie?" She said looking down at my name.  That was bold I'm not normally like that I thought but then I'm not normally drunk. She opened her camera and started to film me as I stuttered out a jumble of words. I looked over at my friends they were talking to somebody on the phone while looking at me. "So how much have you had to drink?" She said to me in a worried way. "I honestly can't remember." I replied "so what brings you here?" I asked. "It's my birthday, 17 today!" She replied. "No way, happy birthday!" I say. Suddenly I hear a loud sound as everyone turns to look a very angry woman stormed in accompanied by a group of laughing people. "I feel sorry for how ever knows her she looks mad." Said the girl. "Fuck, that's my mom." I replied. She pulled me up and out of the crowded party. I looked back to see the girl laughing at me gleefully.

Back in the car I sat there with everyone looking at me. Finneas stood there laughing with my friends as my mom began to yell. "She isn't goring to remember this so why don't we leave the yelling for tomorrow." Said someone at the back of the crowd outside the car. "No we are do this now and tomorrow and everyday after that." She yelled I heard a beep from my phone there was a text from a unknown number it read: good luck with you mum weirdo. It was the girl umm... what was her name I thought as I sat there with my mum still yelling at me. I'll save her number for now and find out tomorrow I thought with a grin on my face. I felt a wave of sickness come over me. I turned my head away from my mom and threw up all over the back seat of the car. "Fuck." I said while laying my head back. I closed my eyes and dropped into nothingness.