Duo

(Peter's P.O.V.)

"That's my name. Call me, Voltage."

She smiles confidently at me, and I feel myself smile. "Pleased to meet you, Voltage." I do a little bow.

She curtsies. "And you as well, Spider-b--...Man." She frowns, as if the word tasted funny on her tongue.

What was she about to say?

I shake my head and dismiss the thought. It's probably not important anyway.

"So," she says, "what do we do now?"

"Well, usually I web them up, and the police arrive."

Right on cue, the cars wailing sirens finally pull up to the building and the cops hurrying out.  While the majority rush over to the thieves to arrest them, one heads up to the two of us, followed by a reporter and camera man.

"Brilliant job, Spider-Man, and....uh..." The cop turns to Voltage. "Who are you?"

"Um..." She turns to me before she answers, her eyes looking hesitant, yet determined at the same time. I give her a thumbs up, and she starts to smile. She turns back to the cop, "you can call me Voltage."

The news reporter pushes past the officer before he has a chance to reply and shoves a microphone in her face. "Excuse me, Miss.....Voltage, did you say?"

I watch Voltage as she stifles a sigh and struggles not to roll her eyes. Whoever she is under the mask, clearly she's had to deal with the press before.

"Yes," she answers.

"Are you and Spider-Man some sort of crime-fighting duo now?" The blonde reporter asks, flipping her hair to the side.

"Um..." Voltage looks to me, as of asking the question herself. "We...just met..."

"Well how come--" The reporter starts again, before I cut her off.

"That's enough questions, I think." I say. "All New York needs to know is that they've just met Queens' newest superhero, Voltage!"

Voltage smiles at me, and turns to smile slightly awkwardly at the camera.

She looks at me awkwardly again, as if asking if we can leave. 

"Well, I think we should get going. You guys can wrap this up, right?" I ask the police.

"Of course, thanks again, Spider-Man."

I turn to Voltage and motion for her to follow me. Then I start to swing away.

Halfway through swinging, I look back to see if she's following me.

She isn't.

I stop swinging and stick to the side of a building to see her doing the same, except she's laying down on the side of the building and watching me. She motions for me to keep going.

Confused, I continue to swing my way through Queens. 

Maybe she doesn't want to talk to me?

Maybe she's busy?

Finally landing on the side of an apartment building, (Y/n)'s apartment building, I realize, I sit down on the edge of the roof.

I look to see Voltage again, using my Spider-enhanced vision and suit's abilities to see her that far away, I see her squinting, still looking at me.

Once she seems satisfied that I'm not going anywhere, she stands up and brings her hand to her bracelet thing. Suddenly, she zooms forward towards the building. More like falling than flying, I realize.