Chapter 3

2 ½ years has passed, it was October now, October 6, 2000. Kim's 21st birthday. Tommy was fixing up the loft with Trisha. She was helping put the candles on the cake. Trisha was over 2 now. Kimberly had classes today. Tommy skipped all of his to set up for this and the big bash tonight since it was Friday.

"MOMMY!" Trisha yelled as the door unlocked. Tommy had balloons, flowers, gifts all around. Tommy quickly lit the 21 candles as Kimberly picked up Trisha.

"What in the world!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Tommy yelled. Kim laughed. She went over and kissed him. It was that morning when Trisha came running into their bedroom yelling 'Happy Birthday'.

"Do you like it Mommy?"

"Of course! Look at this place!"

"Mommy, presents!"

"I see." Trisha was placed on the ground as Kim held Tommy's face They kissed.

"Oh, you have to see this." Kim laughed at the cake. "Trisha picked it out."

"It's great."

"Make a wish, Mommy!" Tommy lifted Trisha up to see.

"Okay." Kim closed her eyes and blew out the candles.

"Yay!"

"Okay, go get Mommy the present on top." Trisha ran over to the stack. She carried over the huge box.

"Here Mommy."

"Thanks baby." Kim shook it. "Sounds empty."

"Clothes!"

"Trisha! Baby, you can't tell Mommy what it is!"

"Sorry!"

"Sok, baby. Come, help me." Trisha tore at the paper with Kimberly, Kim opened the door and gasped. "Oh my gosh!" A rose quartz necklace with matching drop earrings on top of a pink shimmer dress. "It's beautiful."

"It's for the party."

"What party?"

"Hello, birthday, big 2-1. Do you really think I wouldn't throw you a bash like you did for me."

"Oh, Tommy." They hugged. She smiled as he handed her the knife. She cut a huge slice for herself, then Trisha. Tommy and Kim shared the cake. They ate and kissed. Trisha smiled at her parents. Tommy dressed Trisha in her new purple gown after he bath her. Kimberly was fixing her hair when Tommy came in.

"Your daughter is being a pain."

"Oh, my daughter now." Tommy was holding her shoes.

"Wow," Tommy stopped as Kim stood in her gown. "Maybe we should stay in." Tommy held her waist.

"No, no. no. I did my hair. Down boy." Tommy fixed his tie. She put in the earrings.

"Dada!" Trisha came in and ran to the bed. Tommy fixed her socks and put on her shoes.

They headed to the party. Aisha came down from Chicago. Both parents of Kim and Tommy came. It was a huge bash, Kim surprised and nearly cried for the first hour at the party. Tommy was pulled aside by Kimberly. She hugged him tightly.

"Do you like it?"

"You are the greatest husband in the world."

"Greatest? Better than a hundred princes?"

"A billion." She cupped his face. "I love you."

"Happy Birthday, Beautiful. Now this is your day, so, go, have fun." He wiped away any fallen tears. They kissed. "I love you." They went around the party, spending time with everyone there. After the party, Tommy carried his sleeping daughter and some gifts from the car with Kimberly behind them.