March Scifi Contest: Day at The Office

*This ain't a song for the broken-hearted    No silent prayer for the faith-departed     I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd    You're gonna hear my voice     When I shout it out loud    It's my life* I hear my alarm go off, I stop cuddling my wife and turn over to stop the loved Bon Jovi song that's blaring from my phone.

"Friday, Finally!" I think to myself. I get out of bed careful not to wake my wife, I take a quick shower, then put my mailman uniform on. I wake up my daughters, Claire(12) and Amy(8), for school, and make them each a bowl of cheerios. Once everyone has eaten and got ready we rush out the door. I drop the girls off at school and head to the post office to pick up the mail I will be delivering.

"Hey, Jimmy! Hows the wife?" a coworker asks as I walk in.

"Hey Ryan, Melony is doing well, she is making great strides with her research" I respond he gives me a smile and we go on talking for a couple more minutes. When our conversation was over, I head to Jenny to pick up my deliveries.

"Ok, your vehicle is almost done being filled with your deliveries, you know your route... wait I'm forgetting something... oh yeah, stop blasting Bon Jovi, people are starting to complain" Jenny says, I chuckle at that and she walks away. I begin to head to my mail truck to start my route when all of a sudden I hear a loud crash followed by a car alarm. I assumed that someone had crashed into a parked car, but when I went to go see... I was taken back. I saw a boy standing in front of a car that looked like it had been punched by Hulk, he was crying. The boy couldn't be older than 7, he had brown hair and looked a little like Melony, my wife. People gathered to stare at the scene of the crying boy, he was all alone. I asked Jenny what happened because she had seen it.

"The little boy... he just punched the car, like 'Wopow!'," Jenny said frantically.

"What? No, he is just a little kid. He couldn't do that!" I say back.

"Believe what you want but I know what I saw!" Jenny stated defensively. I start to approach the kid, he gets scared so I kneel down to his height and ask what's wrong.

"I-I c-couldn't find Doc- Doc- Docter Melony, and the o-other Doctors are always so m-mean when she-she's not there. I was sc-scared so I ran away to fi-find her." He said between sobs.

"This is weird, Doctors, Where was this kid? Could he really have done this to this car? Wait! Docter Melony? That could just be a coincidence, right? I should check just to be sure but it's not gonna be her" I thought to myself, but sure enough, it was.