Reverse

HUNTER'S POV:

I fall to my knees, ignoring Peyton and Trey, ignoring the people around me.

Tia's gone.

Dead.

She's in a better place.

But I don't have her anymore.

"Are-are you Hunter Hayes?" asks the girl, Emma, her name was.

I just nod, unable to answer.

"I was sitting next to Tia during the flight," she says, and I look up at her.

"Did you see her getting out?! What happened?!"

Her bottom lip trembles. "I-I tried to help her. She was bleeding lots from her stomach, and I couldn't move her. It was so cold, and it was raining super hard. Then someone dragged me away. I told them that there was someone left behind, I screamed so loud, I swear. And then..."

My breathing is shaky. "Yes?"

"It exploded. She... I don't think she made it."

No.

No, it can't be.

I thought I was overreacting, but...

She's gone. She's dead.

My beautiful Tia.

My sweet, smart, wonderful Tia.

Oh, Tia.

Peyton just looks down. Trey notices the way she's shaking and puts an arm around her shoulder, which she promptly throws off. "Pey? Pey, look at me."

Peyton runs. She just runs, and Trey goes after her, trying to calm her down. I can't speak. I can't breathe.

Emma bites her lip, and her parents look sad. "Young man, we're sorry for your loss," says the man I'm guessing is her dad. I just shake my head. This hasn't happened to me before. I've never lost anyone so important to me like this- someone who was meant to live with me. Forever.

Tia.

Tia.

Tia.

LYNETTE'S POV:

My mobile rings, and Leo looks up, looking confused.

"Isn't that the ringtone you put for Hunter?"

I nod. "Yes, it is. Why's he calling?"

Leo shrugs, looking perplexed. "Well, answer it then."

I pick up the phone, and say, "Hunter?"

"Ma," he says, sounding choked up and broken. The last time he was like this, Loretta had cheated on him.

"Hunter? What's happened?"

"The plane, Ma. The plane crashed."

"What?!"

"Turn on the TV, you'll see."

I do as he says, and Leo asks, "Lyn, what's going on?"

"... crashed in a vacant lot in Phoenix, Arizona. There has been one fatality, and several of the passengers are being treated for minor wounds."

"Fatality?" I ask, and Hunter lets out a small sob, and I realise what's happened. Leo realises it at the same time that I do.

"Isn't that the plane Tia was coming back on?" he asks in horror.

"Hunter... are you telling me..."

"The fatality, Ma," he sobs. "It was her. She's gone."

I shake my head. "No. It can't be her."