Private Spies Part 2

The next morning, Mahandra is sitting at her desk with her eyes fixed on the door, her legs bouncing from too much coffee. She glances at her watch as she lifts the cup to her mouth for another gulp of coffee, when the door opens and the men walk in.

            “It’s about time!” she says, jumping up from her desk.

            Upla looks at his watch. “It’s not even eight yet…what are you doing here so early?”

            She looks at them with her eyebrows raised and confusion on her face. “You aren’t in a hurry to get on this case and help Randal get back with his family?”

            Vladimir looks from Upla to Mahandra. “Actually, we think we’re going to drop the case.”

            “What? Why?”

            “Do you really think we’re qualified to handle this case?” Upla asks.

            “Yes!”

            “Really?” Vladimir asks, shaking his head as he does so.

            “Yes,” Mahandra says defiantly. “You’re the private spies!”

            Upla shakes his head as he chuckles.

            “How would we even know where to start on this case?” Vladimir asks, making his way to his desk.

            “I made some calls last night,” Mahandra says, bringing an iCarly spiral notebook with her. She pulls a chair up to Vladimir’s desk and opens the notebook to the notes she wrote the night before.

            “Here,” she says, jabbing a finger at an address. “I found this online last night. It’s the last known address for Agency 23.”

            Vladimir turns the page so he can read it. “This isn’t the same address Randal gave us,” he says.

            Mahandra shakes her head. “And I found this,” she flips the page. “There was a Craig’s List ad looking for people to work on a security project.”

            Upla moves to Vladimir’s desk, intrigued by Mahandra’s findings. “I did a little internet sleuthing and to find the geolocation of the IP address that posted ad.”

            “And?” the men both ask.

            “The geolocation is the same as the last known address as Agency 23.”

            “Okay, I’m officially intrigued,” Upla says, leaning against his desk.

            Vladimir lets out a deep sigh. “Okay…okay,” he says quietly, to psych himself up. “Okay.” He pushes himself up out of his chair. “I’ll go check out the address Mahandra found, and Upla, you can answer the Craig’s List ad and see what you can find.”

            “What about me?” Mahandra asks. “You can’t expect me to sit here all day!”

            “You are the receptionist,” Vladimir says. “What if someone calls?”

            “Call-forwarding,” she says, waving her cell phone at him.

            Vladimir looks at Upla for help.

            “It’s fine,” Upla says. “You can help me.”

            Vladimir takes the notebook and programs the address Mahandra found into the phone’s GPS system. Once the information has been entered he stops and looks at his phone, half expecting it to not be able to find the address.