Let's Try That

As we sat down on the sofa, I could see his expression change, he was ashamed of what he did last night.
I sigh "look Tom, I will talk first and then you can talk" I said as I put my hand on top of his that was resting on his leg "I know I should have told you about the pregnancy, but if I had told you about it what would you have done, would you had said to keep it? I don't think so, I think you would say to get rid of it"

He looked at me... Debating whether to say or not "well.... I don't know... Maybe..."

"see... That's the thing that men don't understand women... When you feel something is living inside you... That this innocent souls want to live, want to feel and give love and happiness... This pregnancy changed me, I am more happy, more grateful for this life "I said closing my eyes, as I open my eyes I sigh" I am nearly 40 years old, well 37, and I know I will not have another man in my life, I always been on my own, I didn't believe that I will have kids, but here I am now, with 2 little girls, happy, and I know that I am thankful for this... So I didn't told you... I didn't want people to think that I was having your children and thinking that I want your money or something else from you... Or you to think that... I can take care of my own... Luckily for my job, I could spend a lot of time home with them and be there. So please you don't have to feel obligated to do anything for us, you can go back to your own life and be happy with who you want to be " I  smiled at him.

" well... " he started" I don't think i want that " I looked puzzled at him" I want to get to know them... And maybe be there for them

We didn't had time to discuss any further, the girls came to us wanting to play with Tom. After they played and had something to eat it was time to get the afternoon sleep, leaving me with Tom to talk more.

I made a cup of coffee for me and some tea for him. "I have something to show you" I grabbed a box that I had in a closet "if you are for sure you want to be in their life and support them I will be thankful for that, but I have to know that you will never go back on this promise, I will open the door for you but you have to promise that you will not run away from them"

"I promise" he said "I will never run from them or disappoint you"

"I have this box for you, is a memory box" I said with the box in my hands "I have gathered all the important things the girls have made from the birth until now, I didn't know if you would find out or not, but I was prepared to share to you the most important things in their life" I handle the box to him "since you are here today this belongs to you"

He was shocked by the fact that I was thinking about this "thank you" he got up from the sofa and hugged me "thank you so much"

"I... Think is time for you to go.... I will talk to the girls... And I will try to get them to understand this....I will text you when the time is good" I let go of our embrace.

It is a pain to see him again, but for the girls own well I have to get over my emotions and let him in.... After all I was ment to be alone...

That night, when I was putting the girls to bed, I had explained to them what happened between me and Tom, well not exactly what mature people would think but in some ways that they could understand. The girls were happy with the fact that they got to know their father.

I don't know if between me and Tom will ever be something, but that night, oh that night, it was magic between us, I sill can feel his body on me, his kisses, his hands.

But I guess it was only for me, I don't think he wants anything to do with me. I don't know if I ever want a man in my life.

3 months, since Tom found out he is a dad, and he would had come and go, play with the girls, with Happy, taking them out, putting them to bed, feeding them. Somehow I was feeling kind of out of the picture when he was here, so I guess I was right, he doesn't have a thing about me, I kind of feel sad about it and alone.... But I always was alone, even if Tom was not here, I was alone with the girls.