Entry Number 5: The Crack That Made Us Whole

"January 29th, 1988.

My parents woke me up today, I was lying in the middle of the garden, a good distance away from the house. I remember waking up during then night and writing the last entry then exiting my room but nothing else after that. It's safe to assume my fever had gotten so bad it sent me into a trance-like state making me walk outside and then pass out in the garden."

(Y/N) looked up from their journal, they were feeling much better now that the sickness had passed, they hated the beginning of "winter" in Earth terms as it was the time their condition got so bad it often sent them into painful, dream-like states, this would last for weeks or even months at times. Thankfully it was over now and they could carry on with their life as usual.

They looked through the window taking notice of the bright day outside, quite usual for that time of the year on their planet, they got up from their chair and crouched down to look under their bed, with a slight hesitation they dragged their dusty computer from underneath and opened it. During their time they were sick, (Y/N) didn't have many chances to check in and see what The CIS was up to, maybe it was better that way.

They sat on the wooden floor and inspected the many applications that were open, scrolling down and typing stuff in, however, soon interrupted by the soft knocking sounds on their door, their mother's voice coming from the other side.

"(Y/N)? May I come in?"

(Y/N) slowly closed their computer and hid it back under the bed then got up.

"Uhm, sure."

With that, their mother opened the door carefully walking in.

"Sweetie I know this is very out of the blue but Count Dooku has requested an audience with us." She said, noticing the instant drop in her child's expression.

"And", she continued, "We want you to come with us, now that you're feeling better."

They knew their mother wasn't somebody to be argued with so they simply nodded in response, clearly unhappy with the situation.

"I'll see you downstairs sweetie, get dressed now." Their mother then closed the door and her footsteps could be heard getting farther and farther away.

(Y/N) sighed and sat on their bed. "Great.", they thought to themselves, "I gotta go to another mindless business chatter now."

The Count was getting his papers in order, his office was dull and cold as always, when a sudden burst of light came from the opening doors, making way for a worried assistant running in holding a tower of papers, some of them fluttering off as she ran up to him.

"Count Dooku, sir, we've received word that the Jedi are going to pass over Axion!! This might be our very chance to catch the-" The assistant had been silenced by Dooku's hand, he looked up from his desk and exhaled.

"Please inform General Grievous about this and make sure he knows one of my closest business ties locates on that very planet, if he fails to lead the battle without damages to the planet itself he will answer to me." He said in a firm tone, looming over the helpless assistant.

"Y-y-yes, sir!! Right away, sir." She said, her voice shaking with fear, she carefully placed the papers on Dooku's desk and ran off to the other room.

(Y/N) was already dressed when their computer gave off a quiet sound, notifying them of something. They looked over at the screen while shoving the ever growing flowers on their skin further down their shirt but suddenly stop as they saw there had been a signal given off by The CIS droid army. Perplexed, (Y/N) looked through the data, only managing to mutter the words "A battle...? Right....now?" under their breath.