All Aboard the Hogwarts Express

"Moony, today's the day!" Renée screamed as she bounced on Remus' bed. "What in Merlin's beard are you doing in my house?!" Remus screeched at the girl. She just giggled and got off the bed, "Get up sleepy head or you'll miss the train!!" With that he shot out of bed like a rocket while Renée went to wait for him down stairs. Soon the two were out the door and off to the station. They walked into the train station to see muggles after muggles, Remus and Renée loved it while Kendra Moreau did not. She wore her distain on her sleeves and she reeked of resentment. Renée frowned a bit but the frown lasted milliseconds for Remus jumped on her and shouted, "Platform 9 and 3/4 here we come!!" Her face came alive once more and they jogged to the column they were to enter with their carts moving as fast as they could in front of them. Their stuff was loaded on to the train and they said their goodbyes to their families. When Kendra hugged her daughter she whispered, "Remember Renée, Slytherin blood courses through your veins. Do not waste it." Renée released her mother and gave her a tight lipped smile. Renée walked to the train hand in hand with Remus, "Don't listen to her, petit loup. You'll be in the house you belong soon enough." She almost gave Remus a confused look before remembering he's a werewolf and he could have heard her mother whisper those words from a mile away. "Thanks Moony. Let's find ourselves a nice group of friends and absolutely smash our first year at Hogwarts." She smiled brightly, the way she always does and the two began passing cabin after cabin before stopping at one with 3 boys and a girl with vibrantly red hair. "Mind if we sit?" Renée asked. The girl didn't look up from her book, the smaller boy who seemed shy shook his head 'no' ever so lightly, the black haired boy scooted over to make room for her and the boy with round glasses spoke up. "We don't mind at all. I'm James Potter, the red head is Lily Evans, the shy one over there is Peter Pettigrew and this one here is Sirius Black." Renée knew that name, her mother raved about their family. A family of Slytherin's, oh her mother would be thrilled she had sat next to him. "I'm Renée Moreau and this is my best friend, Remus Lupin." Remus took a seat in-between James and Peter, while Renée sat between Sirius and Lily. She peered over at the book Lily was reading to see that it was a muggle book she had read before. "Good taste in books you have there. Remus and I just finished it a few months ago." Renée said as she looked at Remus and he caught sight of the cover of the book, To Kill a Mockingbird, it read. He nodded, "A very good read. Where abouts are you in the book? I promise we won't spill, I do hate it when people spill." Lily was now excited about her knew cabin mates and they began discussing the book and where she was at in the book. Much to the dismay of the others in the cabin. "Alright nerds. Looks like we know who's going to be in Ravenclaw." Sirius Black was the one that spoke. Now was the moment Renée decided she did not like him. "If you must know, being culturally educated does not in fact make you a Ravenclaw. With an attitude like that I would assume you'll be a Slytherin like your family before you. But then again, one snippy remark doesn't decide your house for you." Renée snapped at him. She even saw him visibly wince when she mentioned him being in Slytherin. Maybe he wasn't what she thought he was, but she wasn't about to decide to trust him just yet.

Soon they were exiting the train with all their belongings in tow. They travelled from the train stop to the Great Hall in the Hogwarts castle. "This is the moment we've been waiting for Moony." Renée beamed as she took his hand, he grasped her's tight. "Yes it is, petit loup. Yes it is." Dumbledore stood in front of them and began calling names, "Sirius Black." Sirius walked up hesitantly and she couldn't help the small pang in her chest. She wasn't quite sure of the feeling so she brushed it aside quickly deciding it wasn't worth any fuss. The hat murmured for a bit before shouting the last house Renée thought she would ever hear for him to be placed in. "Gryffindor!" The whole hall was silent before Renée started to clap, Remus did the same and soon the whole Gryffindor table followed in suit. Dumbledore then moved on to a few others. "Lily Evans." She walked up there like she owned the place. He placed the hat on her head and it began to mumble some things only Lily and Dumbledore could hear before shouting to all, "Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table erupted with cheers as she took her seat. A few others went and then, "Remus Lupin." Remus squeezed Renée's hand before letting go and walking toward Dumbledore. Within seconds of the hat being placed on his head it shouted, "Gryffindor!" Once again the Gryffindor table erupted with cheers. Next, "Renée Moreau." She could hear the murmurs of the different houses, they knew who Renée was because of the family she came from. Parents from opposing houses, supposed to be sworn enemies, but she paid them no mind. Dumbledore placed the sorting hat on her head, "Hmm, an intelligent one. A Moreau at that. You'd serve well in Ravenclaw. You're blood line could be Slytherin or Gryffindor. I think it will have to be..." The sorting hat paused and Renée squeezed her eyes shut praying to Merlin she would NOT be sorted into Slytherin. "Gryffindor!" He yelled, her eyes shot open, Dumbledore took the hat from her head and she sprinted to Remus. "Now can I worry?" Renée asked Remus as her head was buried in his shoulder. "No you may not! We're in the same house and we're going to be the best wizards Gryffindor has ever seen. Forget your mother for now. Enjoy this moment." Renée released Remus from their tight hug and took her seat next to him and Lily at the Gryffindor table. She'd done it, despite her mother's incessant nagging and coaxing to be in Slytherin, Renée had been placed in Gryffindor. Remus was right, she needed to enjoy this moment. And so she did, James and Peter were also placed into Gryffindor and Renée couldn't be more excited for the years to come with all of her new friends. She was a Gryffindor now, and nothing her mother could say would change that.