Chapter 2

I jogged along the corridor, looking into the classrooms, hoping that one of them would be mine. I was already 10 minutes late to my first class ever in this school. Honestly, I didn't really care. What I had noticed was that although the school looked ancient from the outside, it was in fact really modern inside. The whiteboards in each class room had been replaced with smart boards. Some classrooms didn't even have desks and chairs, they had been replaced with long, curved benches and coloured bean bags. Every student here had either a MacBook or an iPad. I would bet anyone a million dollars that most of these students were not doing their work. 

I took out my phone and opened the school map. I continued to jog as I tried to locate myself and find the route to my class. I was so busying trying to pinpoint my location that I didn't notice a guy coming towards me. We bumped into each other but I managed to cartwheel backwards while making sure that my skirt did not lift up so that my undergarments and my gun, that I used to protect myself, wouldn't show. The guy, on the other hand had fallen to the ground. I looked down at the guy who had beautiful brown eyes that twinkled. He had this adorable grin on his face that made me want to smile, my first real smile in a long time.  

"I'm so sorry."

"N-no."  I stammered. I frowned at my abnormal behaviour and cleared my throat, "I mean, no, it's my fault." 

He stood up and held out his hand. "I'm Izaac Leighton." Huh, his father must be Bartholomew Leighton. He was notorious for being a ruthless businessman who would do anything to get his way. Izaac didn't seem anything like him though. 

"I'm Lysandra, the new girl. Do you know where this classroom is?" I asked, pointing to my timetable. 

He looked at the timetable and a small crinkle formed between his eyebrows as he thought. It was so adorable that I couldn't help but smile a little. 

"Actually, that's in the direction where I am heading right now. I'll take you. This way please, m'lady." He gave a mock bow and winked. 

"Why thank you kind sir." I curtsied. 

We both stared at each other for a second before bursting into laughter. I hadn't laughed for real like this in so long. I listened to Izaac's musical laugh and a foreign warm feeling spread throughout me. We stopped laughing as I followed him towards my classroom. 

*

I opened the door and twenty-something pair of eyes stared at me. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked to the teacher, a short, bald man whose stomach bulged out under his ugly tight woollen vest and raised an eyebrow asking him what he wanted. 

"Thank you so much for gracing us with you presence Ms...?" He said sarcastically.

"Ms Beau, Lysandra Beau." Changing my last name obviously didn't change anything as I saw him gulp and start to visibly sweat. I smirked as I saw the students look at me quizzically, sensing that I had power over the teacher. 

"Um, please take a seat." 

I looked at the sea of students seating in the classroom. All the girls were staring at with distaste. Obviously me wearing the school uniform, which consisted of a white blouse, a tie, a short plaid skirt that reached the middle of my thighs and knee high socks, did not meet their fashion standards. The guys all seemed to be ogling my long legs which were exposed. 

"LYSA!!!! COME SIT WITH US!!" I looked up to see the twins waving frantically at me from the back row. Liam moved one seat across and they both pointed at the vacant seat between them. 

I started walking towards them as I felt the girls' vicious stares at the back of my head. Wow, jealous much?! They obviously had some intense fans.