Chapter 3

When she went back to her apartment that night,she couldn't sleep.Everytime she closed her eyes all she saw was Duncan's dead body on his kitchen floor.The lines from the note repeated in her head.She couldn't do anything about it now.He was dead and it all she did was blame herself."It's all my fault "she whispered."If I hadn't yelled at him like that and called him those horrid names he would still be alive.He would still be here with all his friends and family.He would still be here with me." She began to get angry at herself."It's all my fault !"she screamed."I did this to him.I caused all of this.I'm the reason he did this."She just didn't realize how much of it wasn't her fault.

                                                                                                                         *1 year later*
Courtney began going into a very depressed state.She could never get Duncan off her mind.No matter how hard she tried.She thought about him every second of every hour.She couldn't believe a year had passed.She finally decided to get out of bed and get a cup of coffee.She knew it wouldn't help her wake up.She felt like she was in an eternal nightmare that she could never fix.She tried to drink away the pain but it never worked.No matter how much whiskey she drank,she never could get drunk enough.It was like the vision of his dead body was engraved in her brain.Like it was carved in stone.One night she finally couldn't take it anymore.The pain overfilled her mind.She knew she couldnt take it anymore.She just felt like giving up.She reached into her purse and pulled out the picture of Duncan she always kept with her.It was from prom.He had is neon green hair slicked back and wore a slick black suit.But yet he still wore his signature red converse.The more she looked at it the more she cried.She held the picture tightly in her hand.She wrote a note and laid it on the counter next to her.She grabbed the half empty whiskey bottle from the counter."This is it"she said.With a loud crash,she busted the glass on her head,making many large gashes on her scalp.She felt so relieved.Finally she wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore.She would know that she had gotten what she thought she deserved.As she looked up at the blood spattered ceiling she softly spoke,"I love you Duncan."Then her body went limp and her eyes closed forever.