Chapter 1

Sunhee rememberd the day that changed everything quite clearly, or well the second day that changed everything.
She stood on the podium together with three other girls and two boys in just frilly purple and white underwear.
The room was full, but she couldn't see anyone clearly due to the bright lights that illuminated the podium. She tried to not squint her eyes to much, but ultimately failed.
Too busy to try not to go blind Sunhee hadn't listened to the bid caller until a sudden "thump" echoed through the room and the man announced with an incredibly loud voice: "Sold for 20 million won to bidder number 6!"

Not a lot of words really, but when they echoed through the room, all hell broke loose.

All lights were suddenly turned on and Sunhee winced at the sudden brightness. This prevented her from seeing the masked man who yanked her from the podium and hauled her over his shoulder.

The girl let out a scream that mixed with the screams of the other girls and boys who had the same thing done to them. Aggressively they tried to free themselves from the men's clutches, pumped on adrenalin and horror scenarios as he jogged down a dimly lit concrete hallway.

"Please, I'm begging you! Stop!" Sunhee screamed but the man's iron grip wouldn't loosen until he dropped her out of nowhere on the cold hard concrete floor. Then he ran away.

Quite frankly the girl was confused, all of them were, but she had no time to think. They got up and ran for their lives, just in the opposite direction. Never would they run back to that room. This is their chance for freedom!

That was until she heard a gunshot. Their hearts beating a million times per second.

"Was that...?"

"We gotta get out here quick!"

"No, we have to tell the others."

"Let's keep running!"

"But- "

"No!" screamed the girl, who told them to keep running, in a high-pitched voice. Her breathing was erratic, close to a break down.

Their decision was taken from them when heavy footsteps were heard, and those footsteps definitely headed towards them.

The same girl screamed again before one of the boys could smashed a hand on her mouth and the group started again.

They didn't even make it to the end of the hallway when three heavily armed men pointed their guns at them.

"This is the end", Sunhee thought her arms raised, "I'm sorry mom, dad."

The men didn't shoot though. Instead the made a gesture telling them to go away.

Now Sunhee was really wondering what was going on? Well, if she wasn't running for her life. Meanwhile the gunshots had become a constant, ripping through the air with seemingly no end.

Finally they arrived at the end of the hallway. But that wasn't as good as it had initially seemed. The air smelled heavily of iron and Sunhee almost threw up after stepping into a warm liquid with her bare foot. Tears stung in her eyes.

But the weird thing was, no one was there. Sunhee turned her head wearily as the others ran, already meters away from herself.

BANG

A gunshot, a scream. Sunhee held her ears from the head-splitting noise and a painful sound escaped her lips. She knew that this way was not an option anymore so as quietly as possible she ran back into the hallway. When the group was running Sunhee had noticed the door. In the hurry she hadn't said anything though, now she just prayed to all gods out there that this door was open and safe.