Chapter 40

•————————•
we met for a reason. Either your a blessing or a lesson.
•—————————•

"Zaria!" Bethany tackled me in a hug as soon as I got out the SUV, "I've missed you so much !" She spoke with tears in her eyes.

"Awe I missed you to babe," I squeezed her tiny figure in mine.

"Zaria. Before Oliver gets here I think it's best if we take you to the infirmary," Everly interrupted our moment.

I pull away from Bethany and nod my head. I followed after Everly who walked in the direction of the infirmary. Bethany followed behind us, "are you ok? Why are we going to the infirmary?" Bethany whispered as we followed behind Everly.

I smiled at her and grabbed her hand placing it on my stomach. Her eyes widened and the yelped, "no way. No way!" Her eyes widened and mouth dropped open.

Everly looked back at her, "keep your voice down. We're going to keep this on the down low," Bethany nods her head closing her mouth and I giggle. She continues to gape opening and closing her mouth thinking on what to say next.

We reached the infirmary Dr. Kelly was the first to greet me. Her eyes lingered on my stomach as Everly told her I needed a check up. We followed her back to a room.

Dr. Kelly checked everything that could have possibly been check, and at last she lingers on the real thing everyone in the room wanted to know about, "do you want a sonogram?" I nod my head.

She instructs me to lean back and I do. She walks to a different room and comes back with a machine. Dr. Kelly pulls up my shirt and grabs a bottle of blue hell out of the bottom cabinet on the rolling machine cart. She put the blue jelly all over my belly.

I squirm from the coldness of it, "do you want to know the gender?"

"No," Everly speaks for me and I look up at her, "what? I wanna have a gender reveal party."

"I don't want to know the gender, but Bethany and Everly can know," the doctor nods her head.

"Well Zaria. Under this circumstance you are very lucky. The baby is healthy and growing how it should. Your about two months," I nod my head not looking at the sonogram. I don't want to spoil anything, "you are in your first trimester in human terms but seeing as how it's alphas blood the baby is developing faster. Relatively speaking your actually about 4 months along and are due within the next two if not sooner. Any questions?"

"No thank you Dr. Kelly. I know how the anatomy works."

She nods her head, "Anything for the Alpha and his Luna."

My face flushes red.

"Oliver is about to arrive. I'm sure you want to be the first to greet him."

I nod my head as I wipe off my stomach.

Everly and I walked out of the doctors office as Bethany talked with the doctor about the gender of the baby. I can't believe I'm actually having a baby. Who would have thought that me of all people would be irresponsible enough?

In the distance I saw few cars pulled into the pack house drive way. A smile broke out across my face and I broke out into a sprint.

My Mate oh how I've missed him.

Our mate you mean. Nina stirred in the back of my mind.

Where have you been?! I questioned.

Same place as always. She didn't say another word.

Meanwhile I saw Oliver get out of one of the cars and look around. I ran even fast. He turned around just as I jumped in his arms.