03 [ 02 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

"Hey, Rhodes." I greet, jumping out of a portal.

I snicker as Rhodey jumps in shock, bringing his hand to clutch his chest.

"Oh my god. Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He says.

"Sorry." I apologise between laughs.

"Where's the rest of the team?" He asks, turning his attention back to whatever it was he was working on.

"They went to get Vision." I say leaning against the table, "There's enough of them to handle that situation, so I figured I'll drop by first."

"Thanks." He smiles, "Oh yeah, and-"

"Cam?" A familiar voice calls from behind me before Rhodey could finish his sentence.

"Yeah, I was going to tell you that he just got here." Rhodey mumbles making me laugh.

"Bruce." I greet as he walks into the room, "It's been too long."

I walk over, pulling him into a tight hug, happy to see all the familiar faces.

"How are you?" He asks, "And how's your Sister?" He adds.

"We're both doing fine." I answer, "Although, to be completely honest, she is a little pissed." I tease.

Bruce's face falls, "She is?"

"I'm kidding." I say, "Well, she was. But mostly, she just misses you. As much as she doesn't want to admit it. We all have."

"I've missed you guys too." Bruce smiles, patting me on the shoulder.

"Some more than others, I suppose." I tease with a smirk.

Just then, a ringing sounds through the room. Rhodey grunts as he glances at the screen.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Time to deal with the red tape." He sighs, "Try to get a location on Tony while I deal with them, please."

I nod in reply, turning back to Bruce. "So, what have you been up to these past couple of years?"

"I somehow found my way onto this place called Sakaar." Bruce explains, "Thor found me there."

"Thor?" I raised my brows inquisitively at him, "Is he here on Earth?"

"He isn't." Bruce says, looking slightly upset at the mention of the God, "I don't even know if he's alive. Thanos attacked our ship before I was transported back to Earth, I didn't get to see the end of that."

"This Thanos that you spoke about. Steve told me a little about what you said but, I don't understand. What is he planning to do with the stones?" I ask.

"He wants to bring balance on Earth." Bruce answers, looking as if he's going to throw up, "He wants to wipe out half the population, Cam. We can't let him get the stones."

"We won't." I reassure, "We'll find a way to stop him. We always do." I give his hand a gentle squeeze.

I take a quick glance at the message from Steve that had just popped up on my phone, before swiftly diverting the topic to something more lighthearted.