Chapter Forty

Kiss Me, Jungkook:

Take Two

"Hey, Jungkook sent me a text earlier."

"Really? What did he say?"

"He said we should get back together."

Kimsu gasped and made all the customers inside the café we ate in look at her. I shook my head in embarrassment and covered my face. I didn't believe the text the moment I saw it plastered on my phone screen. Jungkook wouldn't have typed in those words so easily and send it to me.

"But I don't believe it, look. We texted each other last night and the way he typed was so weird, it was like he was drunk." I said and Kimsu shook her head.

"That's what they want you to think. They'll act all drunk and text you, but the truth is they are not drunk and just want to get back together!" She said.

"How do you know that?" I rolled my eyes at her and she crossed her arms.

"Then, ask him if he wants to see you and if he doesn't that means he was really drunk and if he does, then he meant those words he sent you."

"I can't believe you're a love expert now."

...

I bit my lip as I stared at my phone screen. How dumb can I get? I can't believe I sent that message to Sora! What is she going to think about me? As I furiously brushed my hair back, I checked if she actually read the message and she did but she didn't reply.

"I'm fucked, what am I going to do?"

My mind was bursting into tears while I was trying to keep myself calm before I start crying myself. Just as I was going to sit on my bed, I heard my phone ring. And it was a message, from Sora.

Ding! New message from: Sora

Sora:

Uhm, do you wanna meet later?

Fuck, she's really going out there. How am I supposed to say that I wasn't thinking when I sent that? Not that I didn't mean it or anything, I was just too scared to see her so suddenly. There was a part of me that wanted to send the message right away but the other part of me didn't want to send it at all.

"I should stay calm." I grabbed my phone with my hands shaking and sweat was dripping out of my body.

Who am I kidding? I can't see her right now? But I want us to get back together? Is it okay for her? Did she send the message to the wrong person? Am I dreaming? All these assumptions weren't helping and I was going to pass out if I kept reading her text over and over again.

Ding! New message to: Sora

You:

Yeah. I'll see you later.

"Fuck!" I shouted and threw my phone away. Taehyung and Jimin suddenly popped inside my room with their faces confused.

"What's wrong? Why are you cursing?" Jimin asked. I sighed and dropped down my bed with my arms open.

"I asked Sora to get back together."

"You what?"

"I sent her a text and now we're going to meet."

They both jumped on my bed and looked at me like I was dead. I sat up and rubbed my head while they bounced on my bed in excitement.

"Jungkook and Sora are getting back together!"

Gosh, I was so worried about sending the text when I should be worried if she would actually agree on getting back together. Well, she said that she missed me and I missed her too. I was so scared that I couldn't move but I was excited to see her again.