unrequited 022

i was waiting and standing too long already in front of hyunjin's house. after i got the text from jeongin, i was worried for hyunjin.

why so sudden? i mean... is hyunjin not taking care well of yeji? does yeji have some illness that the whole class not know?

i turned my back and was about to go when the door opened, revealing a grumpy hyunjin but his eyes says otherwise.

❝ come in. . . ❞ he quietly said and opened the door widely for me. i froze and snapped my eyes to meet his. is he serious? not joking? he's not mad? ❝ you're not crazy, are you? ❞ i slowly said, causing his forehead to crease.

❝ of course not! ❞ he rudely and unbelievably responded, ❝ are you coming in or not? ❞

❝ i-i'm coming. . . ❞ i started walking and stopped at his side, ❝ c-condolences. . . ❞

he clenched his jaw and closed his eyes tight, also forming his hands into fists. ❝ yeah, thanks. you don't have to remind it for me. ❞ he sarcastically said, making me frown a bit. ❝ i-i didn't mean t-to. . . ❞

❝ whatever, ❞ and he started walking away from me, ❝ just go in and do whatever you want. you can also go talk or do something with the others. ❞ he added.

i nodded and sucked in a breath. ❝ no need to be shy, yeri. no need– ❞

❝ hey there, yeri! ❞ jeongin's voice boomed, cutting me off as his arm wrapped around my shoulder, ❝ you just got here? ❞

i quietly answered a yes and removed his arm. i looked at him and he was with seungmin alright. these two are always together no matter what. . .

❝ let's go! hyungs are probably waiting for us! ❞ both of them grabbed both of my arms and started dragging me upstairs.

❝ w-w-wait! w-why are we going upstairs?! aren't we going to the living room or something?! ❞ i hysterically asked and looked back at the said room and saw no one there. great.

❝ they're at the second floor waiting. more likely at hyunjin hyung's room. or at the pool area. ❞ seungmin said while pushing up his glasses so it only fall off.

❝ can i ask you something? ❞ i want to know what caused yeji to die, ❝ about yeji. . . ❞ i paused and looked at their faces to see their reaction and to my surprise, they suddenly looked emotionless.

❝ it-it's better if hyung is the one to answer your questions or thoughts. ❞ jeongin was the one who answered, obviously avoiding it.

the beating of my heart escalated as i saw jeongin knocked on the door. i heard muffled sounds from the other side and realized that the whole gang's going to be here.

chan was the one who opened the door for us and he flashed a huge smile as he saw us.

we're not in his room thank god. if ever that happens, i'll probably passed out.

seungmin nudged my shoulder and signaled me to go in. i was rooted in the spot. again, i'm not used to go to places where i will be staying with boys, only.

❝ it's okay, don't be shy. i told you, we're friends already, right? ❞ seungmin whispered in my ear, tickling me a little bit. he grabbed my hand and guided me inside, ❝ you want to play something? they're currently playing basketball so. . . ❞

❝ i'm fine. you can leave me alone here and join them. . . ❞

❝ nah, ❞ he grinned, ❝ i rather want to be with you than be with them. ❞

from afar, we can hear the others teasing seungmin, like 'ooh' and some colorful words.

❝ seungmin's not a baby anymore! ❞ woojin teased, ❝ cause he's a grownup now! ❞