#5, part five

When the limousine stopped in front of Paisley Park, Emmeline tried to look relaxed

When the limousine stopped in front of Paisley Park, Emmeline tried to look relaxed. Throughout the ride she and Dave were silent. Dave was focused on driving the limousine; his inner tension betrayed his furrowed brow and pursed lips. Dave looked at Emmeline from the rearview mirror from time to time.

When Dave turned off the limousine engine, Emmeline came out of the car quickly and ran toward the front door. She pushed the door and already wanted to move toward the elevator when she heard a familiar voice:

— Kid, where are you in a hurry? Are you being chased by police or what?

Emmeline turned and saw the smiling Kirk walking toward her. His question was supposed to be a joke, but teenager did not laugh.

— Not such a normal police — Emmeline said, and rolled eyes. — But my own private police are chasing me. Now it stands in front of me.

— Annoyingly funny — Kirk murmured, and his smile faded. Kirk grunted and said:

— The boss is waiting for you in studio A.

Emmeline nodded and took off her coat. She put coat on one of the many sofas and went to the place where Prince was waiting for her.

If he wants to tell me a bedtime story, I'm too old for that, Emmeline thought ironically. She had a bad mood after an unpleasant conversation with Dave.

When she stood in front of the studio's door, she heard a beautiful melody. Emmeline put ear to the door and she was delighted with the melody. She never heard the melody and it looked like it was Prince's new creation.

The sounds were delicate, so that it caressed her soul. Then she heard Prince singing.

"Be my mirror, be like me ..."

— Why have not you come in yet?— Then Emmeline heard Kirk's harsh voice behind her. The girl turned and saw that the bodyguard frowned.

— I listen to this melody — Emmeline said. — It's beautiful ...

— This song is old like the world — murmured Kirk, and then there was silence outside the door. Emmeline heard quiet steps and the door opened. Prince stood in the doorway wearing a black robe. He wore black-rimmed glasses on his nose, he was barefoot.

— You're back — Prince said and smiled at his granddaughter. — Come in, please.

Emmeline nodded and saw Prince go inside. The girl came in behind him and closed the door.

— You came back punctually — Prince remarked and put hands on hips.— How was your meeting?

— Good — Emmeline said, and looked at the piano where Prince had previously played. — That song. When did you record it?