Two Confessions

By this point, both Monika and Sayori were self-aware. Monika woke up in a cold sweat after another nightmare, the second one that night. Sayori was awoken by her girlfriend's sudden sit up. "...Monika...what's going...on...?" Said Sayori, still half-asleep. "Another nightmare..." "Really?" "Yeah...it's always the same one." Monika knew Sayori was self-aware, but she never told Sayori what she had done during the timelines where the MC existed. Also, Sayori had never told Monika about her depression, even though, being self-aware, she already knew. "Monika, I have something to tell you. "Since I'm not getting back to sleep for a while, tell me what's up." "I...I'm depressed. Those smiles, laughs, the bubbliness, it was all an act, but, I didn't want to tell you because you worry and care about me so much, I didn't want it to be too much for you, I love you so much Monika, but it hurts to care." By this point, Sayori was violently shaking, and sobbing, so it was hard to even make out what she was even saying. Monika was also in tears, but for a different reason, the reason that she was about to tell Sayori. "Sayori, I have something to confess as well. I...in other timelines there was a person named MC, who was being controlled by the player, and I was in love with them. But you had started to fall for MC, but not the player. What I did was unforgivable." Tears started to fall faster down Monika's face, but she continued, "I made your depression worse manually, becoming a voice inside your head, eventually, it drove you to committing...suicide. My point is, that while it may hurt to care about people, don't ever stop. Because the consequences could be endless. Please, Sayori, don't ever leave me. Ever. I don't know what I'd be without you, I can't LIVE without you. Please, promise me you'll stay with me." Monika was crying harder than she ever had before. Sayori was shocked at the words Monika spoke. And hugged her tightly. "I promise I will never leave you, and I forgive you." Monika and Sayori continued crying for a few hours before they both fell asleep.

Sayori woke up around noon and reached for her phone:
3 messages, all from the Literature Club group chat:

10:20 AM
N: Where are you guys?
Y: You guys didn't call in absent...?

12:00 PM
Y: Me and Natsuki are waiting for you guys at the Literature Club, where are you? Natsuki is starting to get worried
12:02 PM
S: Hey guys.
N: You're okay!!! Thank God!!!
S: Yeah. Me and Monika had a rough night, and we've been sleeping through the day. You guys should go home.
Y: Where is Monika?
S: Next to me, sleeping, why?
Y: I just wanted to make sure she was okay, too.
S: That's fine. I think I'm gonna head back to sleep. You guys can come over tonight if you want.
N: What time?
S: I don't know, it depends on when me or Monika both wake up.
Y: Ok make sure to let us know.
S: Will do. Good night lol.
N: Cya
Y: Bye

Sayori put down her phone and looked at Monika. She was sleeping, but looked absolutely exhausted. She had huge bags under her eyes. Sayori continued watching Monika sleep until 5 minutes passed, and Sayori was also asleep.

———

Make sure to give your opinion in the comments. Another chapter should be out at some point today!