Chapter 23

It was six days that we had been out in the forest. We had done well, except for a few disagreements.

    When I say disagreements, I mean the one where I tripped him into a river. He had gotten irritated at the fact that I accidentally made him fall.

    Then there was the part where we were hunting a moose and I accidentally let it escape. He got a hare and it for himself while he tied me to a tree. That arse.

    It was mostly just petty stuff. Like where I decided to get back at him for not sharing. I got his socks wet and stuck them back in his shoes. Basically making him miserable the whole day.

    "It was the only moose we have seen so far!" Was his words. "It could have lasted us!"

    By the time we were back at the hideout though, the others were worse off.

    Elizabeth fumed at the other group. Hence the word "other". Singular.

    "James Bond and Lukas Silvano! Don't make me use your middle names!" She growled.

    James and Lukas shrugged and smiled innocently. "What? We got along didn't we?" James asked.

    "Not the point! I expected batter of the two of you! Lukas, really? You shoved James's boots into the fire because you got angry!" She growled.

    David and I snickered and she turned quickly.

    "Oh, shut it. You two were the best group. And oooohhh! Don't get me started on Jonah and Kaleb!" She yelled angrily. She began to ramble and I gestured for everyone to walk around her and leave.

    We all laughed when we escaped her lab. I shook my head and snickered.

    "I guess she took it out on you guys. And seriously? The fire?" David asked Lukas. He shrugged innocently.

    I looked at James and sighed. "What do you think Jonah and Kaleb did?" I asked.

    He sighed and shrugged. "O have no idea. Call it a hunch, but I think they got into a fight, and a pretty bad one too," He said. David and Lukas furrowed their brows.

    "Is it wise... To make them work together?" Lukas asked me.

    My gaze was hard. "No, but they better learn soon. Or I will lock their arses in a room together next time and hope they come out fucking gay!" I hissed.

    They all shuffled back. I went into the main room and grabbed one of the laptops with the cameras.

    They were walking back, but Jonah and Kaleb had terrible bruises. I sighed and slammed my fist down.

    "Whatever happened, I swear to whatever above!" I seethed. "They will learn to work together. Okay, Jonah and Lukas will be together if Kaleb and Jonah have not been able to come to an agreement," I said.

    Lukas nodded. "So this was a test to see how well we did together?" He asked.

    I nodded, "Yes, actually. It would do us no good if they can't get along, working together or not. We cant have them fighting and we cant have them arguing," I sighed.

    James looked at me in thought. He pulled his lips in a straight line and furrowed his brows.

    "Do we have a few more days left?" He asked. I shook my head, "If we can hold off just for a little, maybe we could make them train together for a few days," He said.

    I sighed and thought for a moment. Just what exactly did they do? I thought.

    "Well, I can try, but we don't have much time. If this mission busts because they can't get along, I will personally throw Jonah in with Julian and make them fight," I growled.