Chapter 99 - Parting Ways.

The original title of this chapter was - 

CHAPTER 99 - (It's almost a freaking century of chapters and now I have freaking forgotten how to freaking name the chapters of my own freaking book!)

But Wattpad is one unaccomodating walnut so the title was Chapter 99 - (Title - Help Needed)

But then yours truly wrote the end of the chapter and I realized what the title should be!

Also, See- I have not been to a train station in Paris ~yet~ so there's stuff in it that might just be my imagination (Imma gonna wing it - ~life motto~) WAI THO ? CUZ YOLO!

SAHIL'S POV

I had known about Ragi's annoyance whenever I tried to pay for her, but seeing her break down like that, explaining to me the reason why she feels so, made me start looking at her in a different light. 

At first I always felt like - 'Lemme pay for this' and 'Lemme pay for that.' I always felt like I could try to make her life easier, I could try to make her feel less worried about money and other things, but after our discussion in the kitchen yesterday, I realized that - 

Ragi doesn't need my help. 

She doesn't need anyone's "help".

She is fine on her own. Absolutely fine. 

She doesn't need a hero in her story. 

She is her own hero. 

She doesn't 'need' me.

Or anyone!

She is the Queen and the Commander-in-Chief of her own army and I do not need to tell her how to fight a war. 

She freaking knows it so well because she has done it a thousand times over. 

What I can do is - support her. Be by her side. Just simply be there for her. And that is definitely what I think she wants from me. Or for anyone in her life!

That's it!

And that helped me shift my focus from trying to make her life easier to trying to make myself more available to her. 

The weekend that we spent was more emotionally relaxing and stress-free for both of us. We both knew what we expected from each other, and so when the time would come to pay for the ferry ride, or the food, there wasn't the 'I will pay', 'No, I will pay' argument between us. It was more natural now. I would pay for the lunch, Ragi would pay for the dinner. I would pay for the ferry ride towards the other island, Ragi would pay for it on the way back. 

It was becoming easier, living as two. 

----------

The day soon came by when we had to say goodbye to the beautiful island of Corsica.

For the first time, I felt bittersweet leaving a vacation home, firstly because it had been so, so many years since I (and also Ragi) took an actual vacation and secondly, I had a really good time here with Ragi. I would not imagine saying this, but I have some wonderful memories of this place and I would like to return here for sure, with Ragi nonetheless. 

I was standing by the door, our bags in the car I had rented to take to the airport, waiting for Ragi.

Ragi smiled at me, and then turned towards the house, taking in the living room, the kitchen , the room upstairs, and then she bowed down a little, to the living space and said, "Thank you house, for taking care of us, for giving us such beautiful memories. Arigato Gozaimasu."