2. Aversion

One Month Later...

Ever since you'd lost that contract you'd been extraordinarily busy

Ever since you'd lost that contract you'd been extraordinarily busy. To make up for missing out on that big money opportunity, you'd practically locked yourself in your art room to complete as many jobs as you possibly could to make sure you'd have the money to stay afloat. Though you'd driven yourself to the point of exhaustion multiple times over the last few weeks, and you had finally accomplished your task: Being able to pay your employees this month.

With a huge yawn you leaned back in your chair, stretched your arms, and allowed the physical exhaustion take over your body in waves. How long had it been since you'd gotten a proper night's sleep? Something like...ten days? You groaned a bit at the realization and dropped your leg from the seat of the chair onto the floor and pushed a bit to make the chair spin slowly on the spot.

In all this time you still hadn't heard a word from Mr. Roylan about that mystery opportunity he'd mentioned. Must have been empty words, you thought to yourself as the chair's spinning came to a halt facing toward the exit of your home office. You shifted a bit before standing up to stretch your legs and check the time. It was already getting late and you had a bit of follow up work to complete tomorrow on an earlier project so instead of partaking in your newfound hobby of painting to relax, your tired body convinced you that it was time to head to bed and get some sleep.

You slept a dreamless and empty sleep from your exhaustion until the early hours of the afternoon. When you began to stir the rays of the sun had pierced though your slightly cracked curtains and directly into your eyes causing you to groan in irritation as you woke. While yawning deeply and rubbing your eyes, you rolled over onto your bed and jumped in surprise at the figure sitting in the large loveseat on the other side of the room, playing with his switch, and sipping his drink. "Kou, what are you doing in here when I'm sleeping?"

 "Kou, what are you doing in here when I'm sleeping?"

"Sorry..." Your closest friend replied with a bright blush. "I tried to wake you but you were sleeping like the dead."

"Oh," you blushed lightly in response and pulled your blanket tight around your body while you straightened yourself into a cross-legged position on your bed, "Sorry, Kouske."