𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
V. dancing flame

 dancing flame

                    "BILLIE," DEAN CALLED AS HE GENTLY shook the little girl awake. "We're at the motel."

Sybil sleepily groaned as she extended her arms, eyes still closed. Dean rolled his eyes as he unbuckled her seatbelt and carried her out of the car. He turned to Sam, who was grinning at him.

"What," Dean whispered, eyebrows furrowed at his annoying brother.

"She's growing on you, isn't she," Sam asked, throwing the duffle bags onto his shoulders. Dean rolled his eyes once more as he walked past him.

Sam smirked before following after him. "Don't worry. She's growing on me too."

                    BILLIE STIRRED TO THE SOUND OF her brothers, getting ready to head out. She sat up and began to rub her eyes.

"Where are we going?"

Dean and Sam glanced at each other before looking at Sybil.

"Sam and I are going to check out the asylum," Dean answered. "You, on the other hand, will stay in this motel room and watch cartoons."

Sybil brooded. "Why can't I come? Maybe I'll hear the voices."

Sam smiled sympathetically. "You're still just a kid, Billie. You gave us a scare when you fainted back in Kansas. We can't put you in harm's way right now."

"Fine," Sybil breathed as she turned on the TV.

"Do not, hey," Dean said, snapping his fingers in an attempt to get his little sister's attention. Once she turned his way with an annoyed expression on her face, he continued. "Do not answer the door, and do not leave this motel room, ok?"

Sybil just waved her hand at him in response. Evidently, she was irate that they were leaving her on her own, but it was for her own good. Dean was taken aback that Sybil was no longer her bubbly, childish self but just turned around in defeat and walked past Sam and towards the Impala. Sam said bye to Sybil, receiving the same response Dean got and closed the door behind him.

"You sound exactly like dad," Sam kidded.

Dean closed the trunk after throwing the two duffle bags inside. "Shut up."

"Aw, are you butthurt she didn't hug you goodbye," Sam continued.

Dean opened the door and peered at Sam before getting in. "You are too."

Sam opened the door to the passenger seat and got in. "Yeah, that kind of hurt."

                    SYBIL LAID IN SAM'S BED, BORED and hungry. There was no use in checking the fridge for the third time since it was practically empty, except for a pack of beer. She elected to go through the bags Sam and Dean left behind to see if there was anything that she can entertain herself with.

She opened Sam's bag, only finding clothes along with papers that she could barely read. Bored with its contents, Sybil threw Sam's bag aside and opened Dean's duffel. The first thing she pulled out was a knife. Her eyes widened as Sybil quickly dropped it back into the bag, continuing her search. She then pulled out a lighter. Sybil shrugged and sat on Dean's bed as she began playing with it.

The young demigod flicked the lighter, causing it to spark but not light up. Her second attempt was just as successful as the first time. As she tried a third time, a spark flew up, startling her to where she dropped the lighter. Growing frustrated, she picked up the lighter and flicked the lighter one more time, causing it to subsequently light. She beamed at herself as she stared at the fire.

For some reason, she was so enticed by the flame that her finger began to inch towards it. Once it made contact, she pulled away immediately, but unlike the fire in the lighter, the one on her fingertip didn't go out.

Her eyes widened at the fact that the flame didn't burn her skin or make it turn black from the ash. As she stared at the fire, it began twirling around the tip of her finger as if it were dancing. She tittered at the weirdly moving flame, causing it to go out. She frowned as she grabbed the lighter again and sparked another fire.

As she slowly moved the flame closer to the palm of her hand, a more vital spark ignited. She pushed the torch from one side to another and twirled it around with her fingertips. As time passed, she had gotten better at playing with fire and learned how to ignite an even bigger flame.

Once she could get a more significant flame on her hands, her brothers had walked in to see her hand on fire.

"Sybil," they both shouted as they used the nearest rag to put the fire out.

"Hey," Sybil sulked, "why'd you put it out?"

Dean seized her hands and examined them. They were not burnt, and there wasn't any evidence of ash on her hands.

"What are you doing playing with fire? You could've burned the whole place down!"

"But I didn't," Sybil retorted. "And I can make the fire dance on my hand!"

Sam realized that it was her powers that continued to surface. "Show us."

Sybil grabbed Dean's lighter and ignited another flame. She put the fire closer to her palm as if she were lighting a candle and began twirling the torch with her finger. Sybil began passing the flame from one hand to another, the momentum causing it to grow higher and bigger. She then flung it up in the air, alarming Dean. When it landed back on the palm of her hand, Dean used the same rag to put out the fire.

"Yeah, we're not letting her out of our sight again," Dean spoke to Sam. "We don't know all the things she is capable of doing. For all we know, she could accidentally burn down the building with her in it!"

"But I didn't," Sybil interrupted. "And I was bored. You guys left me here with nothing to do and with nothing to eat!"

"We're leaving for the asylum soon," Dean stated. "When we get there, you will be glued to either Sam's side or mine, do you understand?"

"Yeah, yeah," Sybil sighed.

This was another filler chapter. I honestly just wrote it so you can see Sybil slowly growing in her abilities. I'm trying to make her abilities surface piece by piece, but we'll see how it all turns out!