Chapter 1: Warm Up

#Not Proofread

~>>*^*<<~

 Kat POV

Run.

That was all that I could think of. I was running away. I was running a race. A race against my mother, the same woman who raised me. She was someone who loved me once upon a time, but that time was a long time ago. I remember every memory with each distinct detail scarred into my heart. Her toothy smile filled with sincerity, her her deep laugh filled with heart and her delicate touch are all things I will never hear, see or touch again. My heart pangs every time what my mother used to be flashes through my mind, desperately telling me not to forget her. How could I not? She haunts my dreams, evilly turning my precious memories which should be keeping my at bay into dreadful, treacherous nightmares.

It just shows how much you can trust someone. I remember that day when that man came into our lives. I couldn't turn to my mother anymore, and I ran to fiind the nice girl, but they told me she ran away. So I went to my other 'friends'. I told them everything and begged them to save me.

At first, they just stared at me. Then, the sound of laughter broke through their mouths, the ringing piercing my ears and shattering my heart. They told me I was crazy and that a man like that would never hurt me. They told me my mother would never let him. They told me I was lying.

And it's all his fault.

That was when I shied myself away from everyone. I locked my heart, and quieted my soul. The one thing I didn't stop was my legs. They had a mind all of their own and could function when my own self shuts down.

That's why I'm here. I would never have to face my mother, him, my friends. But I know I'm being chased by more than that. I'm running away from myself. For the first time, I felt like the real Kat. I let the wind in my face swoop who everyone thought I was and who they wanted me to be. I closed my eyes, hoping it  would all a become distant memory, but right now, they were way too close. I knew I had to run further, away from everthing. Some classify this as cowardice cheating, but I don't care. They will never understand.

 Right now, I have to win. The trees ahead never seemed to disappear, but kept stretching ahead and teasing me. But then, I saw it, spark of hope, and I made my decision.

I had to touch that light.

~>>*^*<<~

Unknown POV (Point of View)

"I'm supposing Kris won't be coming over today"

I thought aloud, seeing only a think sheet of white covering the view from my window. Since we were three I knew Kris' mother to be overprotective and paranoid. She had more than one right to be.

"I'm hungry," whined Natt as he burst through my door and plopped himself onto my bed. "Can I have a Frozen One yet?"

Those sugar infested deserts are going to be the death of him. I couldn't help but scowl in annoyance. He kept barging into my room every five minutes asking me for an icicle. His stubbornness is the plague.

"You're contaminating my room with your alien bacteria." I rolled my eyes, "And no, you can't have one of those diabetes sticks, for the final time. Who eats a frozen fruit popsicle during a snowstorm anyway?"

How could this guy be related to me? No, that's not the right question. How could I survive living alone with him in this house? All he does is break stuff. And, like he is doing to my bed, is spread germs on my assets.