The Boy at the Park

When I woke up and my mom wasn't there, I actually wasn't surprised. I just got up an went on with my normal day. I grabbed my Blink-182 shirt, grey skinny jeans, and my black converse. I didn't bother eating and headed out the door.

I didn't feel like talking about whay happend, so I walked to the park. It was a sad little park, all rusted. Barely anybody came to it, and that's why I liked it. I sat down on a swing and turned my music on. Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade. I don't know why, but I love that song. I've never really experienced love, so it honestly has not much meaning to me. I changed it though, looking for something to sing to.

Finally I came across Mr. Brightside (The Killers) and started to sing. I got the feeling somebody was there. It was an eery feeling, but I kept singing. The feeling got worse, like someone was...staring...I stopped singing and looked around. There was nobody there. But I was sure I felt someones eyes.

I jumped off the swing and looked at the park. I head someone gasp, and I turned around. It was a boy with shagged black hair. He had eyes that were....beautiful. I looked at his shirt, and saw it was Green Day. I waved at him. He just stood there. I wanted to say something, but again, all I did was stood there with my mouth open.

I waved again, hoping he would respond. He waved back. I felt myself smiling. He smiled, and when he did, his eyes lit up. He sat down on a swing and I sat next to him. We didn't say anything, just sat there. I turned me head, ready talk, when thunder interupted me. I looked to the sky, the sun slowly disappearing. The boy jumped up and started to run.

"Wait.!" I yelled after him. He stopped and turned around to face me. "Come back tomorrow please.? Same time.?" I looked down at my phone to see the time. Wow. Almost an hour had gone by. "Come back around noon.!" He smiled and turned to run again. I yelled bye, unsure if he heard me or not. I stood in the rain, embrasing it for a moment. I decided I had better go to Frank's, so I took off for his house.

I knocked on the door today, and Ray answered it. "Chloe.! Where have you been all day.?"

"All day.? It's only noon.!" I walked inside and then to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. Of corse the boy didn't talk to me, I thought. I mean look at me.

I had a wierd shade of dirty blonde hair, not to light and not to dark. I then examined my face. I ran my finger across the side of my face. My cheeks were to pudgy, my eyes were grey that day, and my nose had a wierd angle. And every now and then there were a few scattered zits. Then there was my body. Average. It wasn't fat, just not how i wanted it. I wouldn't be perfect, ever. I sighed, wanting to slam my fist to the mirror. Instead I just walked out.

I walked up to Frank's room and saw Frank about to drive his small hand into Ray's face. "HEY.!" I yelled loud enough for the neighbors to hear, im sure. Frank stopped and jumped up. "Chloe, it it not what you think."

"It looks like you were about to try and knock Ray out.!"

"No he wasn't. He was about to kill the spider that was on my shoulder."

"Frank.? Near a spider.? Why am I not believing you.?"

"SHUT UP.! That actually is what happend. What you don't know is how long I was frozen in that pose." I played what could have happend in my mind. I just nodded and sat on the floor next to the two.

I considered telling them about the boy at the park, but decided against it. I should tell them about my mom. I explained what I went home to and they just looked at me. After all I've been through, they thought of me as the strongest person ever. I felt the tears coming and we ended up in a huddle. I loved these guys. "I won't be over till a little later tomorrow okay.? I've got that English paper that's due. Remember that summer homework.?....FRANK.!" The look on his face told me it wasn't done. I laughed and pulled on my converse. It had stopped raining.

I walked to my empty house, knowing I had nobody to be expecting me. I looked at the time. It was five. Maybe, if I turn on music, and think, I can fall asleep for the night. The only thing I thought about was that boy, and his eyes, and his smile, and his shirt. I just couldn't stop thinking about him in general. Then, I was soon asleep.