Chapter 4

You slowly opened your eyes and looked at the little crystals around your body. You pulled a shard out of your arms and a small trickle of blood crawled down. You hastily wiped it away, wiping your bloody hands on your dress. If your mom were still here, you would have received a scolding for staining a dress like this. 

Gunshots fired too close for comfort and bullets rained down. Most people are gone, but the man who was serving drinks at the bar fell, and you crawled over to him. As you shielded your head, you scanned the man for injuries. Then, right in the stomach, wass a hole surrounded by wet redness. Though you knew it was hopeless, you tred to talk to him.

"Sir?" you questioned, shaking his leg. No response.

Nausea dared to creep in, but you forced it out of the way with a gulp.

Another row of bullets started firing, and you let out a scream as they penetrated the wood of the bar. Realizing that this wasn't a safe space to hide anymore, you slowly stood up once the bullets quit firing. 

You stayed low against the ground, desperate to get out of there. Forget the hope to be noticed, you would rather be alive than dead. You looked at the exit, but stopped when a man falls dead to the ground. You looked up to find the murderer, and see the face of none other than Black Widow.

"Take the gun, kid!" she yelled as she sent a bullet whizzing past your face and at an attacker, piercing him through the forehead. You quickly nodded, bending down to the enemy and retrieving the gun. Your formal dress looks odd with the gun, but you shook it off. Now was not the time to be concerned about where you stood in the eyes of the Avengers. For now, you had to fight.

Bullets came whizzing towards you, but you quickly took up the gun and fired at the location they were coming from. It took multiple bullets, but you finally hit all of the 3 attackers that were coming for you. You smiled, satisfied, but it quickly disappeared when you saw the Avengers had much more company. You ran over, your sweaty feet sliding in the flimsy heels with your gun up.

You rapid-fired your gun at the crowd of attackers, hitting all of them because well, it was a mob of them. You couldn't really miss them.

Thor gave you a weird look as his hammer came flying back into his hands. He barely had a scratch while your arms were covered with cuts from the glass.

"Took you long enough." You looked over and saw Tony, though he was covered in his suit of armour.

"I'm sorry," you retorted, "it's not like I've fought before." You scoffed. Seriously? Have some mercy on a (Y/A) year old.

You and Tony had a staredown, but it quickly got interrupted by Wanda.

"Guys, argue later. We have more company," she panted, pointing to the door.

"If I have a later," you mumbled.

The other Avengers just cocked their heads in a somewhat agreement and ran over to the door.

~~~~~~~~~

"So who are these guys anyway?" you asked as Steve jumped over and covered you with a shield.

"Shouldn't you either be crying in fear or shooting these guys?" he replied, knocking the men out with his shield.

"Oh, Mr. Rogers, I'm terrified out of my mind," you said, shooting another guy. "I just can't seem to find time for both. It's just that I know that sooner or later, I'm gonna die. So I'll cry then."

"You know," he sighed, punching another soldier. "In a battle, there isn't usually this much talking."

"Oh, my bad," you said, firing again. 

He ran away to cover the other Avengers, which left you to fend for yourself. You fired with the enemy's gun, but you must have missed too many times, because it clicked and the trigger stopped.

"I'm out of freaking ammo," you groaned in frustration, throwing the gun to the ground. 

It called the attention of another Avenger. A green blur came at you and growled. The Hulk. It jumped right at you, missing you by a couple of inches. Frustrated by the situation you yelled at him, dodging bullets.

"Watch it, green guy!" you scolded.

He roared at you in response, and his hands came slamming down. You ducked and rolled out of the way, his fists barely missing you.

"Listen, buddy. I'm on your side. And I don't have a weapon, so I can't really hurt anyone. Use your time on them, not me." You held your hands up to show surrender.

He grunted and ran away, smashing the enemy with one swipe of his hands. His battle cry disappeared down the hall.

You ponder on whether or not you should go over to the Avengers. You have no weapon, so the Avengers might see you as something they need to protect: a time waister.

You ran over anyway, but found another dead soldier close to the Avengers that you were able to take a gun from. As you bent over, you felt a tiny nick in your shoulder. You ignored it and kept going, firing a gun at the few attackers left. A wetness soaked your sleeve. You felt another nick just as the last few attackers are knocked dead, and you looked at your shoulder. Two holes are carved through it, and blood gushed out like a waterfall. Your face paled.

"Oww..." you cried quietly, too weak to say anything louder. Your shoulder thumped in sync with your heart, and your (Y/H/C) hair that's falling out of your nicely done ponytail stuck to the blood dripping down your back. You fell to your knees, broken glass piercing them. Not being able to help it, you gave another guttaral cry of agony, breathing deeply in pants. The Avengers turned around to look at you, and their eyes widened. They ran over.

"We have a man down!" Steve yelled, applying pressure to your shoulder. You couldn't help but admire how the Avengers took you under their wing -- almost like a family. 

"Look at me, (Y/N)," Tony said.

But your focus wasn't on them anymore. Though your (Y/E/C) eyes were fazing out, you saw one last attacker in the distance. You tried to tell them or point, but they stopped you.

"Rest, lie down," Wanda soothed, using magic to assist her.

"Stop," you mumbled. Seeing that nothing would work, you slipped off your shoe. With blood loss, exhaustion, and Wanda's magic, everything was moving slowly. Still, summoning the last of your strength, you chucked your shoe at the last attacker. 

You screamed and lied down, clutching your soldier and gave into the darkness. The last thing you saw was Clint shooting an arrow at the man who's gun was fixed on the Avengers and Natasha supporting your neck as you became limp.