VIII

"What do you want?" Micah growled lowly as he felt a presence behind him. He shut his locker to face the last person he wanted to see.

"Geez, I just want to wish you a happy birthday." Jensen rolled his eyes.

"Sure you do." Micah deadpanned.

"Where's your mate?" Jensen smirked, "Haven't seen him around in a while. I went to his place yesterday and some twink opened the door and basically threw me out."

"It's none of your business." Micah said.

"It is, you know it is." Jensen replied.

"What is he doing here?" Raphael narrowed his eyes as he walked towards the two.

"Ah, Raphael, long time no see." Jensen smiled a little too sweetly.

"We have like three classes together, you dickwad." Raphael deadpanned.

"You guys have zero respect for the theatrics," Jensen sighed in fake disappointment, "Anyway, I was here to help you plan your date with Elias."

"What? I don't have a date with him." Micah furrowed his brows.

"Exactly! What are you waiting for? Him to grow white hair? Will you take him shopping for wrinkle creams?" Jensen raised his arms in irritation.

"Hate to admit it, but he's right. It's about time you take him out, dude." Raphael shrugged.

"But I don't know anything about dating." Micah frowned.

"Which is why I'm here to help you out." Jensen grinned. Micah sighed, realising that he may need Jensen's help after all.

Micah hadn't seen or spoken to Elias since Friday. It was now Monday, and he wanted nothing more than to visit the boy to check on him, but he couldn't. It was his birthday, 18th birthday to be precise so it was of huge importance for the pack.

There was only going to be a small party followed by dinner for the entire pack, leaving the real celebration for when Micah takes over as Alpha. As soon as he walked into the pack house, he tried his best not to trip over the million pieces of decorations that were scattered all around. He could smell the food, as well as the excitement of his fellow pack members in the air.

"Do you need any help?" He asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Micah! Get out of here!" Yelled Joshua, the chef.

Micah laughed as he shook his head and climbed the stairs. He was about to enter his room when he smelt a foreign yet familiar scent. It didn't take him long to figure out who it was.

"Jeremiah."

"Hello, little brother."

Micah sprinted towards his older brother and hugged him as tightly as he could. It was a pleasant surprise that he wasn't expecting at all. He took a step back to take a better look at Jeremiah. He looked different now, but so much better than he did back when he was still here. His long dark hair was now chopped, his face and body more defined, and his aura much more confident.

"I haven't seen you in.." Micah trailed off.

"Four years."

Jeremiah was the eldest child of the Alpha family, three years older than Micah. Naturally, he was supposed to take over as Alpha, but life had other plans for him.

It all started with two rogues entering their territory. Jensen, merely a pup of seven years, and his elder brother Jared. Jared explained that he and his brother lived with their parents deep in the woods. They didn't have a pack, just the four of them. Their family was attacked by rogues, only leaving the two brothers alive.