Afterword

Thanks so much for reading Creampuffs! I hope you had as much fun with the characters as I did.

In the summer of 2015, a similarly nerdy friend and I were having drinks and swapping book recommendations. I offered up the latest Sophie Kinsella novel--an author I have a soft spot for-- but my friend admitted that she didn't like standard rom-coms. "They're always about shoes and lipsticks and shopping, and the guys are all tall, dark, and brooding. There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you like, but I just don't see myself in it, you know?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I know what you mean. Someone ought to write a rom-com about nerds." And then I thought hey, wait, I'm someone like me!

Admittedly Creampuffs isn't anything like a traditional rom-com, becoming something much quirkier; it definitely recalls all the Gordon Korman novels I consumed as a kid, along with a heavy dose of who-knows-what. (Sticking to genre expectations isn't really my style.) But I'm really pleased with how it turned out. 

For anyone wishing to read a version of Creampuffs on their eReaders, it's available on Smashwords in a variety of formats; more of my SF fiction is available for free on my website, along with my blog. Feel free to leave a comment or a vote, and I'll see you at walking club. ;)

cheers,
Victoria

www.victoriafeistner.com