(7) Patient #0062 & Damien

I sat down on my bed while Damien was sitting on Gemma's.

"Just sit down and take it easy," he said.

"I'm already sitting..." I said and then laid down on the bed, which defeated the purpose of that whole conversation but whatever.

"Right, yeah..." he trailed off.

Then, he was looking at his phone again. It looked like he was texting someone. I tried to get a closer look (as in with my mind not my eyes) but I couldn't see who he was texting or what he was saying.

"Lina, are you feeling okay?" Gemma said when she barged in. I sat up and she sat on the bed next to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm going to go..." Damien said and I felt his presence leave, which felt odd to me for some reason. I tried to get in his head so I could see where he was going and because of this, I saw that he was going to go talk to our last target, Sean Jackson (#0062).

"Gemma, we have to follow Damien," I whispered in her ear and she let go of me.

"Why?" she asked.

"He's going to go talk to patient #0062," I said and started heading to the door. I tripped on something and grabbed Gemma's arm.

"Be careful," she said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I tried to recall where I felt his mind go.

"It's about to get really loud," I said to brace myself and opened my eyes. Right when we exited our room, a wave of noise hit me hard and I could barely focus on what I was doing. We probably looked ridiculous in that moment, but I could care less. I was on a mission.

As we walked by, people were staring and I could hear their confusion. They wondered why I was up and moving, they wondered about the gash on my head, etc. All their thoughts jumbled together in my brain, my vision started to get blurry, and my ears started ringing. I had to keep going, though. For whatever reason, I felt that it was very important that I saw where Damien went.

"Are you okay? You're a little wobbly, Lina," Gemma said and pulled me back to slow me down. I turned around to tell her we were almost there and then kept dragging her along. I could feel that she felt awkward behind me, as I was often the one behind her. I had been walking without paying attention to where I was going, so it shocked me when I saw where we ended up. We were going downstairs into the basement. Neither of us had ever been down there before because we never had needed to.

"Lina, I don't know if we can be down here," she said. I shushed her because I heard voices and the light was on downstairs. I decided to focus in on Damien's thoughts rather than the patient's because I found Damien's familiar. He was thinking about how much he liked "Sean." Damien was very sad and scared.

"What are we doing?" Gemma asked. We were standing on the stairs with my hand on her arm. I let go as I tried to focus. We took small quiet steps down the stairs to hear what they were saying better, but we couldn't see anything in that room because of the wall.

"I'm going to get you out of here, okay?" Damien was saying to the patient. The patient was groggy, so his thoughts felt like they were masked by something.

"Damien? Where are we?" he whispered.

"I'm so sorry," he sobbed.

"He wants to get him out? They literally just met, though," Gemma said, a little too loudly for my comfort. I turned around and nodded, then shushed her.

"That was a thought!" she said in her mind, "And your shush was too loud, we have to get out of here, now."

I felt my eyes get big as I realized what I had done. Damien's thoughts realized we were there. I turned around and pushed Gemma up the stairs and we ran. My head was throbbing at this point from the exposure to so many minds.