xviii.

leather dreams | chapter eighteen
___

leather dreams | chapter eighteen___

___

"Hello to you too, Evans." Spider-Man said while lying on the floor, Rosalie's body still perched on top of his. Her legs straddled his torso, hands still gripping the lamp. "As much as I love this moment we're having, I'm afraid I have business to attend to."

Rosalie blushed violently and scrambled away from Spider-Man. She could feel his eyes on her as he sat up against the wall, her body slowly making its way to the bed opposite to him.

"I have to sleep, Spider-Man." Rosalie motioned to the window behind his head, she needed her beauty sleep. "Nationals start early in the morning."

"Oh, I know." Spider-Man said before visibly cringing.

"You know?" She raised her eyebrows. "You're not from around here anyways, what brings you here? Washington is a bit far from Queens."

"I have some stuff to do." The boy didn't elaborate, but Rosalie got the feeling that he was hiding something.

Of course he was hiding something, she was not his partner and they didn't know each other. He wouldn't just waltz in and tell her all about his plans for the night.

Rosalie didn't bring her suit with her, so it was impossible for the girl to get out of the room and follow her partner into the night. She had to stay in her room, wait for Michelle to get back from their little gathering and then go to sleep.

"If you don't mind me asking." Spider-Man started playing with his fingers as he spoke. "How are you? I mean, after I saw you last weekend. You looked pretty sad."

The girl lowered her head, the feelings of last Saturday invading her once again. Her hands were slowly shaking as she threw her body back on the bed, her eyes staring at the ceiling. 

"I'm better." She said, keeping it simple.

She felt the urge to talk to him, tell him everything she was feeling. He always made her feel so comfortable, even as her civilian self.

"I'm still not alright, though." Her voice continued, low and steady. "It hurt."

"I bet it did."

"Have you ever felt this way?" The girl asked, twisting her hair around her thin fingers.

"What way?" His voice was equally soft, lighter than a whisper but still audible in the quiet room.