Part 17

And I'd sing a song, that'd be just ours
But I sang 'em all to another heart

-Another love song by Tom odell

Anya was sitting in the living room with her latest apple tablet that was gifted to her by her Saumya Ma on her b'day. Earphones plugged in as she enjoyed the repeat telecast of yesterday's match and laughed at some ridiculous statements of the commentators along with enjoying the splendid game and spent another few minutes being proud of her analytical and management skills along with the knowledge of the game.

She discretely noticed the activities surrounding the house, everyone busy in their works and some acting busy and she hated the fact that Ansh has shoot today while no one else among the Oberoi's seemed to be in any hurry to go out of this damn house. They all were looming here and there, Pinky and Jhanvi gossiping a few feet away from her. Tej and Shakti playing chess sitting near the window. Shivaaye, Omkara and Rudra discussing something among themselves with their wives and Shivika, Omav, Omisha and Ritisha talked about some past holiday trip in which Shivanya had also tagged along with them and was miserable and lonely for the whole trip as at that time she didn't appreciate the nature and perks of time alone like she does now and the trips were yearly at that time and not as frequent as now being Viaan's manager cum caretaker she has to take.Shivanya used be sad unable to mix up with the buzz of the family, she never seemed like a part of them. she always stood apart as a brooding miserable figure in the rare whole family photos. Shivanya used to be so hurt from those incidences while Anya loves to stand out from them. She likes the feeling of not getting mixed up in the aura of people around her but standing out as someone different, someone totally not part of this pack and maybe this is also because Shivanya wanted to be an Oberoi her whole life, an Oberoi accepted by all while Anya doesn't want to be an Oberoi, not at all.

Shivanya was a good singer, dancer, sportsperson but she was never good enough for her family at anything. Omav and Omisha easily surpassed her in her singing talent, after all they were childhood singing sensations the magical twins. Shivika was the adorable dancer of the house and Ritisha was the sports and fitness freak. Ritisha who had never lost a single race in her life. The four excelled in their departments while their was she Shivanya good at all but not perfect like her sibling and cousins.

They all were good at studies and even if she topped it doesn't matter as the others excelled in both studies and extra-curricular activities. Shivanya always remained in the shadows of her family while Anya throbbed in the shadows of one Viaan Kundra. Anya who is the head of  Kundra's indian sports managing company is the personal manager of one Viaan Kundra and Karan bhai has asked her many times "why you still manage all of Viaan's mess??" and her answer was always same "Don't want to forget my roots, bhai"

She and Karan bhai  has always bonded over their managing abilities, Karan bhai and Saumya ma were blessing in her life. Karan bhai, was her everything brother, friend, father he flourished in every role and was there for her everytime. he was the first person to know about her huge crush on Viaan and the first person who persuaded her to believe in herself before he and Kritika bhabi went aboard to handle the business there, giving her free reigns on all the business here and making her feel lost and lonely again.

she took a deep breath focusing her mind on the game playing in front of her eyes rather than letting her mind to wander in the memories of a bitter past. A past she so tries to forget and a love that doesn't let itself be easily forgotten as a story continued playing in her mind. A story of love, loyalty and sacrifice that has become so rare in these days and there goes her mind wandering again.