What We Are

Author's note: Hello! Here is the new chapter, sorry about the delay. From now on updates will be regular. Hope you enjoy it. don't forget to vote.

Chapter 3

Ariel and I entered the meeting and the members of the Sunlight Company partaking in the project were already seated. My eyes went to P'Arthit immediately. He was smiling and that pulled a smile from me too. We shook hands and I tried to keep my jolt at the static from our touch. He didn't do so well. He looked between me and our hands with a startled expression. I hid a smile and nodded towards the rest of the audience.

He smiled and we began the discussion. It goes without saying that I couldn't stop being aware of P'Arthit. I pushed thinking about that to another time and just let the discussion pass casually while I admired how composed and confident P'Arthit looked as he competently guided our conversation to point.

Soon we were done. Ariel rose to her feet; she looked a little worn down. I took a look at my wristwatch and saw that we've been at it for nearly four hours, but thanks to that we arrived at a conclusion much sooner than I anticipated.

"So we will do as you have said," I said with a nod. Ariel left me behind as soon as it was okay to leave. I lingered because I wanted to talk to P'Arthit. It was nothing professional or work-related. I really shouldn't but I still waited while the others stepped out.

P'Arthit looked tired given that he has been doing most of the talking and demonstration. A stray hair had fallen loose from the combed back mass. I itch to push it back. I used to be able to do that, I thought with strong yearning. That was something I could do at any time when we were together.

As I stepped closer since the conference room was almost empty. P'Arthit's secretary stepped forward and pulled that stray hair back in place with an effortless familiarity that raised my brow.

P'Arthit's gaze immediately flickered to mine and I could tell there was something within that gaze I just couldn't figure out what. He spoke briefly to his secretary then when she was finally gone, he came to me.

"Great job," I said.

He looked flustered even as he said, "I didn't do anything, just said it as it was written."

"Yeah well I am proud of you," I leaned forward and whispered. When I pulled away, his face was a little flushed and he looked like he couldn't find anywhere to place his eyes. I almost forgot how easy it is to make P'Arthit flustered, how easy it was to make him blush. That used to be something I lived to do. God, I used to love him so much.

"So what are you doing for lunch," he was the one to ask me this.

"Eating lunch," I replied smiling.

He chuckled awkwardly. "You know for the duration of your stay here you are welcome to use our office."

I nodded. "I thought you wanted to tell me to join you for lunch." I know I was being too forward but there was nothing wrong with going out for lunch with P'Arthit. Maybe Ariel would think otherwise if I told her who P'Arthit is to me, but I don't think there is any need. P'Arthit and I have been over for a long time.

"Do you want to?" he asked me with such sincerity that took me aback.

"Yeah," I nodded. We stared at each other for a moment, unable to stop ourselves or even move from that point.

"Kongpob?" Ariel's voice traveled through the door. P'Arthit and I were standing a little close but Ariel didn't look upset, just confused. "Is there anything else left to discuss."

"No, I was trying to make a friend," I glanced at P'Arthit. His smile turned a little strained.

"Oh, that's great," she smiled. "I forgot how good you are at making friends so easily. "