Our first meeting

Demet's POV

'Today is May 1, 2018, My first meeting for my new new drama project this coming summer and I will meet my new drama partner. About my partner, I have heard of him but I don't really know him personally. His name is Can Yaman. I've read his background and past works and it's quite impressive. Oh, by the way he is a lawyer by profession too. A lawyer actor, sounds intimidating right? Though I can hardly tell anything about him since I haven't meet him, I'll save my judgement when later. 😉 To be honest, I don't care about his background, or any actors background. I don't think it will change what I see them when I meet them or him specifically. He will be my drama partner and As long as he has good work ethics, knows how to respect everyone even the lowest ranking staffs and crews and we work good together, we will not going to have a problem. Impressive background or nor. I just remember my conversation with my best friend Defne about my new work and when I told her my new partner's name, SHE SCREAMED! As in totally screamed my ear bleeds. Joke!! it didn't but she was  like:
"OH MY GOD D!!!!!! THE ÇAN YAMAN??!!!! He is sooooooooo hot!! Muscles and all 😉 You are sooooo lucky, girl, and he is soooooooo handsome!"
"But, isn't all the actors though?" I told her.
"He is different, like a lot different. You'll see when you meet him. You have to call me after you meet him and tell me what's your first impression. Okay?? You have to promise me!"🙏😸

So here I am today, the day of judgment 😅 not really. But today, I am going to meet him for sure. This is our first meeting with our producer, director and the writers. Nothing formal will happen yet, just a brief meeting and setting up of schedules. Maybe next time we will have to meet again for script reading, I'm not yet sure though.

Walking to the office of Gold Company. Our production team, my phone suddenly rings. Glancing on the screen I saw it's Seckin, my boyfriend. Well, not really boyfriend per se, he's just the guy I'm currently hanging out with. I have to answer because he will not stop if I don't.
"Hello? Seck?" I asked.
"Hi babe" he said. He's sweet like that. One of the things why I like hanging up with him.
"Hi, what's up?"
"Where are you?" He demanded. Yes, he demanded! 🙄 This past few days he is becoming like that. Demanding. Wants to know all the things that is going on with my life, the places I'm going. To be honest, we didn't promise anything to each other but he's acting a lot weird now and I'm not comfortable anymore.
"I'm going to work, I have a meeting with my production team. Why?"
"Oh nothing," he said.
"So you just call me to ask if where I am and nothing?" I ask annoyingly. Yeah, I'm totally annoyed now. This thing we have is getting nowhere anymore especially with his attitude. I don't like it. "Well, is it bad to know the whereabouts of my girlfriend?" He asked annoyingly too.
"Yes it is, especially if it's just out of 'nothing'. Anyways, I have to go now, I'm going inside. I'll just talk to you soon okay? Bye."
I didn't wait for him to respond to that. He annoys me now and I have to talk to him soon. I'm not comfortable with what's going on between us anymore so I have to end it up with him. Sooner rather than later.

Entering the vicinity of Gold production is like going to my second home. I've been here countless of times already. I have 5 drama contracts with them and this is my second one. So after this, I still have another 3 drama projects. I have a great feeling about this new project and I'm so excited to my new adventure. Meeting new people and friends. I just love meeting new friends. Since I've been here many times now, I almost know every faces and names of the staffs. They also know me well so I don't have to show my Identification anymore.
"Hi Ms. Demet" said the security guard.
"Hi brother" that's my usual greetings to him. And "sister" to all the ladies. I like how hard working these people are. I also love how they appreciate even just small things. I walked to the elevator while trying to put my phone back in my bag when I suddenly bumped into something hard. Well, not something but someone! Someone that has I thought brought an electricity with because I got electrified. Literally. I even thought I bumped into the wall full of electric power. But nope, I bumped into someone. Someone who smells so good. Someone so big and so tall if I may say so seeing as he has wide shoulder and I have to look up to see who it was I bumped into. I slowly glance up and there I saw, the most beautiful eyes ever. It's like grayish blue and sometimes change into dark brown. Yep, I noticed the changes of color in his eyes and it's amazing. But these pair of eyes seems familiar and I can't figure out where I saw them first. And just by looking at these pair of eyes feels like I want to get drown in it. There's really something in this eyes. So warm and so beautiful and holds so much power. And then it hit me! I know these eyes! I know who I bumped into. I was so shocked and so ashamed by my deliberate ogling I hastily take myself away from him, it was so sudden that I almost fall on my butt but thank god to his reflexive hands, he quickly caught me. And just like that, I was back in his arms again. Did the time stopped or in slow mo? Because that's what I feel when that happened. We were staring hardly at each other's eyes, without moving away from each other, my hands in his broad shoulder, his hands around my waist. I'm not so sure how many minutes seconds or hours has passed because it feels like it totally stopped! I don't know what's happening to me all of a sudden. I wasn't like this, no one affected me like this, even with my past and current boyfriend. I was so entranced by him I didn't hear someone's calling my name. Or noticed everyone around us except his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he said to me.

I also don't know why I can't find my tongue. My mouth feels so dry. I can hear him talking but I can't answer back. Then he did the least thing I expected him to do. He pinched my check and that brought me back to the present. I feels so ashamed I didn't know what to do so I just closed my eyes and slowly get back my bearing and my footings. "Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale." I did that 3 times more and tries to slowly open my eyes. "Pull yourself together Demo. He's like another man out there, you don't have to act like it's your first time meeting a gorgeous man, pull yourself now!" Scold my inner voice. So faking a self confidence, I said

"Hi"
"Hello"
"I am sorry about that, I wasn't looking, by the way I'm Demet."
"It's okay, it was my pleasure anyways, and I know who you are Ms. Demet, I'm Can Yaman by the way" he said giving his hand to shake while winking.
'Hmmm I love the confidence'
"I know who you are too, Mr. Can Yaman." I said, winking at him too. His relax and playful demeanor fully bring back my confidence of holding a conversation to anyone. Thank god!
"Har! Har! 😀 So you're going to the meeting too I presume?"
"Yeah, I am afraid I'm already late, but seeing as you're still here so I'm not the only one?" I said with one eyebrow raise to him.
"I think we've got time. It's not yet 9 o'clock anyways." He said shrugging.
This is the first time we've met each other but it feels like I've already known him for a year or more. I don't know what's with this guy but I suddenly feel so comfortable talking to him. And he's already teasing and I tease back. Look at that?! Well, that's a first for a guy whom I just met to be honest. Most guys I've met, I'm not like this. I tried to be friendly to everyone but not to the point of being too comfortable unlike this. Unlike with him.
I think this is also a good thing since we will be with each other most of the time in the next months as I will shoot a scene mostly with him. So it is good that we started in a good term. With comfortableness and ease.
"Shall we go now?" He ask.
"Yeah, Yeah, sure. Lead the way Mr. Can."
"As you wish Ms. Demet"
I'm not sure but I do like his swag and his confidence. Maybe because he's a lawyer too? It comes with the profession I guess. He's Uber confident but not annoying. I think I will enjoy his company a lot. He's leading the way but he kept on glancing back to me. I'm curious why so I ask him.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Seems something to me"
"No, no, nothing really." He said but he got that smirk in his face I wanted to erase. I just rolled my eyes at him instead. I didn't notice he saw it.
"Ms. Demet, did you just roll your eyes at me?"
"What if I am? What will you gonna do?"
"Oh I think I know but it's not for a "first meeting" conversation so I'll keep it to myself." Hmmmmm. That's intriguing.
"What do you mean?"
"Next time" he said and he winked again.
I just rolled my eyes again at him but I'm smiling. I am totally and honestly enjoying this friendly argument and banter we have going on. He's really is a nice guy, with confidence and swag. And I don't want to admit it since I'm still committed to Seckin but he's "attractive" too. Oh boy, Seckin, I really have to talk to him soon. I know I'll just stress myself out especially now that I'll start shooting with this new drama and Seckin will be a problem. Him being so demanding nowadays feels suffocating. My schedule will be very hectic these coming days and I know and I can feel it already, he'll demand more of my time and my whereabouts. I can see it now. I don't want to start my new project with toxicity so I have to talk to him. Maybe later after this meeting I'll call him. With that in mind, I followed Can inside the room. Little did I know, it's just the first of my "following him" and his leads.