"I love you."

"What are you talking about?" I replied.

"You aura appears stronger than ours and every other Alpha we've met," Alpha Alvarez inputed.

I shrugged and drifted the conversation over to the names of their packs. Alpha Alvarez pack was the Red Thorn Pack, while Alpha Martinez led the Black Thorn Pack. Most Texan Packs had Thorn in the name.

"You replaced the previous Alpha of the Rose Thorn Pack, correct?" I nodded and he continued. "Our packs had an alliance and we'd be open to continuing it with you."

"As long as we observe the way you run your pack. We want to insure you are a suitable leader to make a treaty with," Alpha Alvarez interrupted.

I thought about their offer. "As long as I observe your packs as well." They shared a glance before nodding at me. "Great. How does coming over the day after tomorrow sound?" They, again, glanced at each other before nodding at me. We exchanged numbers before parting ways.

I continued searching for books but a mind link from Lio interrupted me. Hey Cami, come home. Y apurale.

Why? What's going on?

It's a surprise! But a good one!

Lio!

Just get home, Cami. And hurry!

I quickly checked out a book and rushed home. I unlocked my door and caught a familiar scent. I rushed to the living room and abruptly stopped.

Mom stood up and rushed to hug me.

  "I missed you," she whispered.

  "Yo también, mamá." I answered.

  She let me go and embraced my brother.

  "Is everything okay? You said you weren't coming until Papá's birthday."

  "I just have some news. I figured it'd be best to tell you in person." She said, sitting down.

  Lio and I sat across from her. "What's wrong?"

  She took a deep breath. "You're mate has found out that you're now an Alpha. He forced your father and I to confess yesterday. He wanted to make sure you were suffering. " She looked up at me. "I'm sorry."

  I grabbed her hands in mine. "Mamá, you have nothing to apologize for. You can't fight an Alpha demand."

  She nodded and continued. "Darius has been telling the pack that he is going in search of his mate, but the gamma told us he's coming to win you back. He wants to merge packs to become more powerful." A frown was etched on her forehead. 

"Ma, no te preocupes. He can't get past border lines and there's no way I'm giving him a chance."

  Her face relaxed and a smile appeared. "That's good," She said, patting my hand. I turned to Lio and saw his hands fisted and his whole body shaking.

  I put my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. He can't hurt me."

  He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I know, it's just that the mere mention of his name makes me seethe."

  I couldn't help but agree.

  "Do you know when he's leaving?"

  "Sometime next week," mom replied.

  "Okay, well, we'll deal with that when the time comes. Let's go have dinner, yeah?" I said, standing up. They got up nodding and we headed towards the kitchen.