took it away

Steve just stood there, stunned, for minutes. This night just couldn't get any worse, he was sure.
In front of him there was a whimpering boy, almost chocked to death by Bucky.

It should've been already enough, but no. Oh, no.

The young man's whole body was full of injuries, all the clothes he had on – which was not many, Steve realized – was soaked in blood. His eyes fluttered shut, just to open them again when he heard heavy footsteps. There was considerable amount of blood smeared down on his neck too, but to Steve's shock, it was from his ears.

"T-Tony– Mr. Stark," the boy wept, as he was looking into the man's eyes from the floor, their glances met upside down. "I-I'm so sorry. Didn't know w-where to go. I j-just need a place t-to crash. For a f-few hours? Maybe?"

Tony felt his heart shatter into little, broken pieces. For a few hours?!

"Stark, what fuck is this?" Bucky growled, feeling his body tensing, as he looked again at the boy.

But Tony completely ignored him. "P– Kid, can you tell me what happened?"

"It's a l-long story," the boy chocked out, while fighting back his tears, trying to crack a smile. "T-turned out, m-my roommate is a f-fucking murderous p-psycho."

Steve and Sam shared dark glance. Bucky just stood there, eyeing the boy from head to toe. He had two dirty clothes wrapped tightly around both of his thighs, but they were already deep red.
What the hell happened to him? How did he knew Tony?
Who has he?
Questions, they didn't know the answer for. Yet.
Bucky was ready to beat up the answers from Stark if he needed to.

"It's okay kid, it's all right," Tony said soothingly, while he sat on his heels, next to the boy. "I won't let him hurt you again."

"N-no, that's– that's not it, Mr. S-Stark," said the boy harshly, earning himself a surprised glance from the men. "We– I need to s-stop him, he's the f-fucking Goblin."

"What the fuck?" Sam exclaimed and throw himself down onto the couch in with an exhausted look in his eyes.

"Okay. It's okay. Everything is okay, buddy, we'll deal with that later. Later. I promise, okay?" when the boy nodded reluctantly, Tony continued. "Now, let's get you cleaned up. Can you stand?"

"Y-yeah."

The boy started to get up, Steve saw, he wanted to get up, but as soon as he got to his feet, his legs betrayed him. Bucky and Steve caught him, a second before his knees hit the floor. The boy's eyes were closed, his lips were dry and split. His face paler than a ghost.

"Fuck."

It was painfully obvious, to Tony this strange boy meant so fucking much – it was almost scary, since they hadn't even heard a word about him. All these years, nothing. Not a word from the man, and yet... Now, he looked at the boy, like his life would be on the line.

"It's okay, Tony. We got him." Steve reassured him, as he hauled the unconscious boy in his arms. "I got him."

When Tony didn't answer, just stared at his shaking hands, Sam added. "Yeah, he looks tough, he'll be alright."

"FRIDAY, his injuries?" Tony spoke suddenly, then they were all waiting for the AI's response.

"It appears three of his ribs are broken and one is cracked in his left side. There are two deep stabbed wounds on both thighs. His ears seems to be seriously injured, that is why he is bleeding from there, however, he will recover without complications. The small muscles on his wrists are hurt as well, it is advised to have tight bandage applied around them. His uneven breathing and heartbeat means he had experienced multiple panic attacks in a short time, apart from severe sensory overload. His blood loss does not require transfusion right now, but his wounds are advised to be attended immediately. He fainted through weakness, since it is obvious he had not consumed decent nourishment for at least a week now."