eighteen

The weekend came by, and it didn't take me long to realise that, in the rush of the last couple of days, I'd completely forgotten to ask anyone to go to the seaside with me.

It seemed a quite stupid idea, if I thought about it. It was too cold to go in the water, so I could've enjoyed the sun just as nicely from a park in the middle of the city and it wouldn't have changed much, despite how much I'd looked forward to a little change of scenery.

I'd asked Nicholas if he wanted to come with me again earlier that morning, right after we'd woken up, before he could make any plans for the day, but he'd still told me he was busy, so I'd had to let it go.

I'd tried to call Louis to ask him, but for some reason eight in the morning had seemed to be a little too early for him, so he hadn't even picked up the call. I'd considered Liam for a brief second, but I'd pushed the thought away, perfectly knowing that he was likely to be busy, considering that it was the first sunny weekend in a long time and his girlfriend loved the sunlight just as much as I did.

It was nine, and I was sitting on the couch, staring at the television but completely ignoring the movie that was mutely playing on it, trying to convince myself to call the one person I still hadn't dared to ask to.

I knew Harry was the most logical option for the kind of thing I was planning to be doing, but he was also the scariest one. It was a thing to hang out with him during work hours, and another to do so on days in which we weren't even supposed to see each other. Especially after what he'd said on Thursday - that I'd tried to ignore to the best of my abilities - I didn't know if it was such a good idea to spend some extra time with him. Other than that, I also feared that what had happened on Wednesday had already been more than enough. It would've been odd if I'd asked him to go somewhere with me during the weekend. If he would've agreed to, that is. He too could've been busy - it was the weekend after all.

But the sun outside was lovely, so I reasoned that the only way to actually enjoy it was to ask him if he wanted to join me, because I already knew I wouldn't have enjoyed doing it on my own.

I sighed, finally taking the phone and resorting to sending him a quick and essential text, hoping that he would've been free, under my boyfriend's curious gaze.

"Didn't you want to go out today?" He asked me, sending me a quick glance as he poured himself a glass of juice.

I shrugged. "I have to see" I replied as generally as possible, "I might have some things to fix at the studio." I didn't want to tell him directly that I didn't know who to go with, because I knew that the next step would've been to tell him I'd just asked Harry, and I knew he would've made it into a much bigger deal than it actually was.

He nodded, accepting my explanation. "Makes sense. Just let me know if you'll be here for lunch or not when you decide" he said before taking the glass and going back into the studio.

I looked at him as he went away, but I quickly looked away in the second I felt my phone buzz on my thigh, widening my eyes in the second I read the text that had popped up on the screen.

From Harry: Sure.

I was screwed. I was also happy, because that meant I would've managed to do what I wanted to do, but also screwed, because I hadn't supposed he would've actually said yes. He had though, which meant that I would've had to go on with it.

I kind of knew it was an awful idea, but at the same time I also couldn't wait to spend some more time with Harry. That was a complete change of scenery for us, and I couldn't wait.

My phone suddenly vibrated with a new text, and it was only in that moment that I realised I hadn't even replied to the previous one. I checked it, and quickly stood up in the second I read it.