Chapter Seven - Welcome Home, Mrs. Darkbloom

Our last two days of our trip were spent back in Cape Town. We'd decided to relax for the rest of the time, roaming the city and taking pictures and enjoying the amazingly perfect weather before departing for cold and rain that was the Olympic Peninsula.

"I'm really gonna miss Africa." I said for the fourth time today as we made our way to the Airport on Saturday morning. Sebastian and I rode in the back of the black SUV as Domino drove us. Stark was on the phone in the passengers seat arranging our security details for when we landed back home in Seattle.

"Like I said and keep saying, my love, we'll come back." Sebastian chuckled as he leaned in to peck a kiss on my lips.

He looked handsome in a blue and white striped T-shirts, white pants and brown loafers. My outfit: a red, black and white tribal print sundress complemented his look somewhat. Or so he said as we'd gotten dressed this morning. I wore my corkscrew curls in a tight ponytail at the nape of my neck and let them fall over my right shoulder.

"How did I marry the world's most beautiful woman?" Sebastian muttered next to me, taking my attention off of the coast of Cape Town out of the SUV window and back to him.

"I love you." I smiled, leaning in to kiss him again.

******

After what seemed like forever stuck in traffic, we finally made it through the airport terminal and to Sebastian's private jet. I slept for most of the flight. It was a long one and I was thankful for the comfortable seats. Thirty minutes before we landed, I changed out of my blue silk pajama set, into a white pants suit and red, point toed Louboutin heels. I pinned my long curls out of my face before applying light make up.

"Ready?" Sebastian asked as he stepped out of the back cabin of the plane. He was dressed in a white turtleneck sweater, blue jeans and black Chelsea boots. I was somewhat stunned at his casual style today, considering his usual style consisted of suits and ties. Hey rarely ever wore jeans and that dawned on me just now.

"Oh, um, yea." I answered examining his wardrobe. "You look handsome."

"And you look radiant as usual." He strode over to me and pulled me into a kiss before he grabbed his brown, leather duffel bag. I grabbed my black, leather tote as we got off the jet and were escorted through the airport terminal by security.

"Put on your sunglasses." Sebastian instructed, squeezing my hand as he put his own shades on.

I curiously obeyed and was glad I did, when we stepped out of the airport and into the blinding flashes of light and wave of shouting that were the paparazzi. Stark and Domino pushed a path through the eager cameras as we got into the back of Sebastian's black Ranger Rover.

"That was intense." I said once we were in the Rover and moving.

"I warned you." My husband smiled, lacing his fingers through mine and bringing the back of my hand to his lips.

***

The elevator doors to Sebastian's penthouse opened and before I could take a step, my husband scooped me up into his arms and I let a tiny squeal. He laughs as he steps over the threshold and spins me around.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Darkbloom." He smiles down at me.

"Thank you, Mr. Darkbloom." I kissed him before he sets me back down.

When I turned around, I teetered on my heels, surprised at the four people staring back at us in the living. Only one of the four were familiar to me, but I could tell they all worked for Sebastian somehow.

"Oh." I gasped, looking up at Sebastian for an explanation.

"Serena, you remember Branson Minks, my Lawyer." Sebastian spoke as the familiar man held his hand out to shake mine. He was tall, silver blond and had piercing blue eyes that went well with his handsome face.