Tenth Shot.

Princess Series One

A Cinderella Story: Tenth Shot
_______________________

Richard Andres

I woke up early the next morning. Tumawag ako sa secretary ko habang natutulog pa si Erella. I smiled and kissed her forehead before getting up and getting dressed. Lumabas ako ng unit niya at dinalian kong kunin yung mga gamit ko sa kotse ko. I always keep extra clothes here dahil madalas na 'di na ako umuuwi kapag busy sa trabaho.

While I was rummaging through my clothes, biglang lumabas yung nahanap kong journal. Kumunot ang noo ko at kinuha 'yun. I checked the time and it was still a few minutes before six kaya naman sumandal ako sa kotse ko at binuksan yung journal sa isang random page.

Hey, J!

Today sucked. Everyone seems to be in love besides me and I can't help but feel sad about it. All my friends are experiencing those butterflies in their stomachs and those sleepless nights. Ayoko nung latter, pero parang gusto ko din. Ano kaya ang feeling ng in love? I really want to know. I want to be in love. Pero wala padin siya, J. Hindi pa dumadating yung sariling prince charming ko.

I really hope he comes soon. I want to feel those damn butterflies already.

I laughed at first pero nung naglaon ay medyo naawa ako sa author ng journal na 'to. She seems to be really sad and I couldn't help but feel bad for laughing at whoever this someone is. I actually wished that she'd find her 'prince charming' already. Hindi pa ako nai-in love but I've heard from mom that being in love was probably the most beautiful fear that one will ever experience. Sabi niya sakin, beautiful daw kasi andun yung lahat ng thrill, the butterflies that the journal's author mentioned, and the excitement. But it was a fear because it was so scary to fall when there's a chance of not being caught, and there's the fact that you'd lose someone--or worse, yourself. Kaya sinabi samin ni mama nung bata pa kami ni Raymond na dapat huwag kami 'basta-basta sumugal sa pag-ibig dahil once na sumugal ka na, mahihirapan kang bawiin yun'.

I sighed and closed the journal. Binalik ko yung sa bag ko at sinara na ang kotse ko. I hurried back to Erella's unit.

Pagpasok ko, tulog padin siya kaya naman pumasok na ako sa banyo at naghanda na. Driver nga pala ako ni Erella ngayon at susuyuin ko pa siyang sumama sa dinner party ni mama sa bahay mamaya. She seems fond of her--I don't blame her, though, because Erella is amazing.

The first time I saw her was probably four months ago, bago pa man din kami nag-share ng table sa café ng auntie niya. She was jogging that time and was wearing earphones. Nung lagpasan niya ako, napa-double take ako sakanya nun. Then I saw her again the next few mornings and I thought it was her routine. Pero after one week, hindi ko na siya nakita pa. Kaya naging regular na ako sa café ng tita niya dahil nilalagpasan niya ang place na yun and I would sit there in the early morning to see if she would pass by. She never did.

Then that day came, full nun ang café and I saw her on one corner, alone and seems to be in deep thought. Hindi ako nagdalawang-isip nun at nilapitan siya. It was the first time we talked and it was amazing. She was better up close.

Kilala naman kasi si Erella sa business world. She was the princess of the business world. Not just because of her name, but also because she owned an empire. She was the owner and CEO of T-Zon Enterprises--one of the most notorious companies world wide. Not only that, sikat din siya dahil siya ang designer ng Clishique, a famous company owned by four of the most sought-out ladies: Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, and Erella. All business princesses. All royalties. All unattainable.

Pero may ginawa ata akong mabuti dahil akin na ngayon si Erella. She said so herself. Now, I have the right to kiss her, hug her, hold her hand, make love to her, and just simply be with her. May rason na ako ngayon--may karapatan na. I will admit it to myself na masyadong mabilis ang relasyon naming dalawa pero ayokong mag-sayang ng oras. I'll get to know her along the way. I can get to know her more now that she's mine. And I'm hers.