53. Laugh Again

Clara

The next afternoon, after cleaning up the apartement, I changed into fresh clothes and decided to cook something.

As soon as I stepped inside the kitchen, I heard the doorbell ring. Putting a hoodie on my crop top, I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Ready?" It was Aaron, dressed in white trouser, a colorful cotton shirt and a light green hat on top of his head. This was the first time I was seeing him dressed in such colorful attire that it made me smile.

"Ready for what?" I asked, eyeing his outfit up and down.

"For the beach." he shrugged, running his fingers through his messy hair after taking the hat off.

"I told you that I am not going to beach with you." I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"And I told you that I am taking you with me." he said firmly, imitating my action.

"Really? How?" I challenged and regretted it the next moment when he leaned down in front of me and threw me over his shoulder.

I yelped in surprise, a loud shriek left my mouth. "Put me down Aaron." I screamed on top of my lungs but he didn't listen. Closing the door of my apartment behind me, he entered into the elevator and pressed the button to the ground floor.

"Put me down Aaron Vincent or I'll... I'll kill you." I tried to punch his back but all in vain.

"Calm down wifey." he said, tapping on my thigh gently and my skin flushed in response.

Wifey?

As the elevator door opened on the ground floor, few people walked past us, staring at both of us with a frown on their faces. I had to keep quiet in order not to make a scene because Aaron didn't leave any stone unturned in embarrassing me.

Once we were on the parking lot, he opened the door to passenger seat and settled me inside.

"You stupid caveman. What do you think of yourself? You can't do this to me." I fumed in anger and he just calmly slid on his seat. I tried to open the door but he had already locked it. "My apartment is unlocked. Let me go." I ordered.

"Nobody is going to rob that apartment." he said and revved the engine. Soon, we were off to wherever he was taking me.

I huffed angrily and turned my face to the other side. I could feel his piercing gaze on my skin but I totally ignored him and kept my focus on the outside. The noisy roads turned silent and the buildings around us shifted into greenery and peaceful gardens within half an hour.

Soon, we were nearing the beach that was filled with people. He kept driving the car without stopping at any of those crowded place. My mind was flooded with curiosity but I didn't ask him anything because I was supposed to be angry at him.

The car halted to a stop in front of a deserted area of the beach where only few people could be seen running around.

"It's a private beach owned by a club I joined some time ago. Only its members have access to this place." he said when he noticed my confusion.