Chapter 4

"I have yet to see why you can't kill him yourself Master Gideon you seem powerful enough to walk during the day why shouldn't you just do it?" Gethen questioned 

"I am to die soon" Gideon had a look of resignation "what makes you so sure?" Feng asked. 

"I can feel it" he simply responded,

"what does that mean?" Feng continued worriedly 

"strong vampires can sense things," 

"how many kinds of vampires are there?" Gethen bluntly asked she had figured that there were different kinds since Cao and Gideon seemed completely different but had yet to ask.

"it is not so much as types, we are all inherently the same but it is the will of a vampire that makes them different. Most vampires when born only see blood, they must have it, and they become frenzied monsters. Not very good company I'd say. But if a vampire is born and they possess in them a will stronger than most they will be more civilized like Cao and I. Where he and I differ is our views on humanity, Cao believes humanity is beneath him whereas I believe humanity is stronger and much more beautiful than he will ever understand" 

"Is a strong will common in vampires? moreover, are vampires like you common?" Gethen asked,

"No, unfortunately, not many vampires care about human souls like I do that takes time and the energy to understand" shadows of the past crossed over Gideon's face and the air around them felt weighted.

"It must be lonely living eternity without anyone akin to you," Gethen spoke softly, Gideon regarded her with an unreadable expression he reached for her hands and held them gently 

"How lovely it is to meet someone like you, my dear, at the close of my life you have given me a hope I could only dream of" Gethen could see no lie in the reverence in which he spoke to her and that frightened her even more.

The dreadful night overtook the palace and the monster Cao came out to feast again. Bloodied and manic Cao opened the door to Offical Percy's room to find him praying to gods Cao never cared for.

"Offical Percy I have concerns I need you to look into" Percy looked up and obediently bowed to his master, "what will you have me do your majesty" 

"It would seem the King is sneaking around with that guard friend of his," Cao wiped the blood off his hands on to Percy's shirt, "and that simply won't do"

Percy started shaking in fear dreading what Cao was going to ask him to do against the King.

"I need you to find out what his plotting and to bring him and his friend to me"

"yes, your majesty"