Chapter 27

Zions POV

"Bae, it's time to get up." I felt Edwins hand touch my back. I knew he knew I was already awake. I turned around to look at him.

"How do you feel?" He moved his hand to my arm, gently rubbing it against me. "I feel like I'm very grateful that I have you by my side to get me through this. I didn't think you were actually coming back."

"It don't matter what we got going on between us, you need me more than anything right now."

"Thank you for coming boo." He gave me a side smile and leaned forehead to kiss my forehead.

"You have to shower, come with me." "I can do it myself."

"I'm gunna help you anyway." He pulled the covers off of me and got out of bed to go into my bathroom.

I really didn't want to get up. I didn't even want to go to the funeral anymore. But, I knew if I didn't go I would regret this for the rest of my life.

"Zion!" "I'm coming boo."

He leaned against the door frame of the bathroom and waited on me until I got out of bed. Once I was close enough he grabbed my hand and fully pulled me in the bathroom with him.

"I turned the water on all the way to hot cuz I know that's how you like it. But if you want to change it then be my guest. C'mon, take yo sweats off."

He gently pulled them off for me, helping me get out of them. But once he seen I wasn't moving after that, he softly sighed and moved his arms around my neck.

"Caleb, I know you got a lot going on in that big ass head of yours, but I need you to work with me baby. If you don't go today, you know you gunna regret it."

"I just don't feel like I can do it." "You can, you the bravest man I ever met in my life. Be the man I know you are."

"I know I ain't been the best boyfriend, but please don't leave me again?"

"I ain't leaving you again, I promise."

That made me feel a lil better, but still, he can get mad at me again and walk out all he wants.

"Get in the shower babe. I'll get your clothes set out." "There in the-" "I know where they are, I put them there remember?"

"Yeah I forgot." "Get in, imma be waiting on you when you get out." He closed the bathroom door on his way out and left me alone.

If Edwin ain't come this morning and didn't treat me like I'm a child, I wouldn't be getting my ass in this shower right now.

The water felt good stinging against my skin. The stinging help numb some of my pain as it trailed down my body.  This seemed to be doing more justice then the drugs.

I gotta stop doing them. Right now it feels like the only comfort I have, which is why I have the urge to turn to them these days.

Whatever, Edwin can't find out. He'll lose his shit and I seem to be doing just fine by hiding this secret.

After finally actually showering and a lot of debate to stay in or not, I got out. I went over to the sink to brush my teeth and wash my face so I wouldn't look like the piece of shit I've recently been.

"There you are, I thought I was gon have to drag you out of there. Yo clothes are hangin on your closet door. I'm gunna start breakfast fo you guys, or did you need my help getting dressed?"

"No, I got it." "I'll be downstairs. Yell for me if you need me."

I wasn't gonna make him come all the way back to my room if I needed him, that's rude and selfish of me. I'll just push through.