Chapter 4

"Black is so stupid," Daisy said.

"Yeah! He thinks you'll go out with him after he thought that you were a transfer student yesterday!" replied Alice.

"Anyways, we've got to finish our homework before Lily and her gang arrive," said Daisy.

"Touchè," said Alice.

"First, let's finish our 10 inch potions essay," said Daisy.

Their essay was about forgetfulness potions, what they do, and the ingredients involved.

"Step one

Add 2 drops of Lethe River Water to your cauldron by pouring smoothly.Gently heat for 20 seconds.Add 2 Valerian Sprigs to your cauldron.Stir 3 times, clockwise.Wave your wand.

Step two

Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your mortar.Add 4 Mistletoe Berries to your mortar.Crush into a medium-fine powder using your pestle.Add 2 measures of your crushed mixture to your cauldron.Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise.Wave your wand to complete the potion." Daisy recited.

"How in Merlin's beard are we supposed to remember all that?" Alice asked.

Daisy shrugged. "Whatever, we'll manage," she said with a small smile.

"Okay then. Next I have, let's see, Charms, while you have Ancient Runes, right?" Alice asked.

"Right," Daisy nodded.

They began to do their homework, both of them studying from books.

"Daisy, Daisy, can I please practice a charm on you?" asked Alice playfully.

"It depends," said Daisy smirking, looking up from her textbook.

Without sparing a beat, Alice immediately performed it. Daisy sprouted cat ears and accidentally wiggled her ears in shock.

"What was that?!" she asked.

Alice was rolling around on the floor laughing.

"L-look in t-the mirror," she said in between laughs.

Daisy looked in the mirror and turned pink.

"You're taking that off before Lily comes," she said quietly.

This made Alice come to her senses. "Sorry," she said and quickly undid the spell.

Soon, they had finished all of their homework and Lily, Mary, and Marlene entered the dorm.

They all sat down and started whispering, but Alice and Daisy ignored them.

"Um, I have something to talk to you about," said Alice to Daisy.

Daisy nodded and cast a silencing charm around their beds.

"So, you know how quidditch tryouts are coming up, right?"

Daisy nodded.

"Well, I thought that I might be able to tryout this year," said Alice.

"Yeah, you definitely should! You're REALLY good at flying," replied Daisy.

"Ok, yeah, but you should tryout too!" said Alice.

"Uh no- No way," said Daisy.

"Aw, come on! You're even better at flying than me. As the only person who has ever seen you fly, you must take my word for it. And besides, you are the perfect build for a seeker," said Alice.