Chapter 48

Three sharp knocks on my hotel room door wake me up along with Chris's muffled voice coming from the other side

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Three sharp knocks on my hotel room door wake me up along with Chris's muffled voice coming from the other side. "Alex, time to get up!"

I let out a groan to let him know I heard him, snuggling my face deeper into the pillow and reaching to pull Joslyn closer to me.

Except she's not there.

Blindly, I extend my hand out further, expecting my fingers to bush against her sleep warmed skin, but I only feel the cold mattress beneath my fingertips. Squinting my eyes open, I look to see she's nowhere in the bed.

Sitting up, I rub the sleep from my eyes and stretch my limbs, a goofy smile making its way onto my lips thinking about last night. I look around the room , expecting to find Joslyn sitting at the desk or out on the balcony, her long dark hair thrown up in a messy bun and a coffee cup sealed to her lips while she wears one of my shirts that's too big on her, but she's nowhere to be found. Even the bathroom door is wide open, the light off.

Reaching for the nightstand, I grab my phone to find no new messages or missed calls. I wait a few more minutes, thinking she ran downstairs to grab some coffee or something, but there's still no sign of her. It's unlike Joslyn not to be here to make sure I'm up and running on time.

Drawing back the covers, I slip out of the bed to throw on some boxers and sweatpants. Maybe she went back to her own room?

Creaking the door open, I peek out to find no one in the hall. I pad down the hallway to her room and knock on the door to come up short yet again. No answer.

Where is she?

On the way back to my room, I pull out my phone to call her only to be greeted by her voicemail.

"Hey, babe, it's me. Where are you?" I let out a little chuckle. "Call me when you can. I love you," I say, a smile breaking onto my face just thinking about her.

Maybe she has a meeting this morning? I don't remember her mentioning anything, but it could have come up last minute. That could be why Chris woke me up this morning instead of her. Still, it's not like Joslyn to not leave me a note or text.

Slipping back into my room, I strip and walk into the shower, letting the warm water hit my spent muscles, another goofy smile making its way onto my face thinking about how perfect last night was. When I step out and wrap a towel loosely around my waist, I half expect Joslyn to be back in my room, but she's not.

With a sigh, I get dressed and go down to the lobby to catch the car to the venue. Alone.

When the car pulls up to the arena I immediately jump out and head straight to my dressing room, expecting to find my gorgeous girlfriend sitting on the couch, probably checking emails like she usually does, but she's nowhere to be seen. Only Shay is in the room setting up her vanity.

"Hey, have you seen Joslyn?" I ask, hoping she'll have an answer to her whereabouts.

"No," she answers with a bit of confusion. "Should I have?"

"I don't know." I huff, plopping down on the couch. "I haven't seen her all morning," I admit, starting to get worried.

Shay furrows her brow. "Huh, that's weird. You two are always joined at the hip. You haven't heard from her at all?"

"No," I grumble, checking my phone again to see if I have any missed messages from her. "I haven't seen her since last night."

"Well, I'm sure she'll show up soon. She has to be here to get you to sound check and everything."

"Yeah." I sigh, resting my head back against the top of the couch. "I'm going to go look for her," I say, starting to feel restless, needing to do something.

I get up from the couch and wander the backstage halls, checking every room and calling her phone every other minute in hopes of finding her. I know I'm probably overreacting, but it isn't like her to just not be around.

After searching every room, I start to get anxious.

Where is she?

On the way back to my dressing room I run into Chris.

"Hey, have you seen Joslyn?" I ask, hoping he knows where she is.

"No, why?"

I try to keep my composure, not wanting him to know she's missing. "Nothing, I just thought I saw her walk this way and I wanted to ask her a question," I lie.

He looks at me skeptically before I flash him a fake smile and head back to my room.

"Any luck?" Shay asks, hope in her voice.

"No," I grumble, plopping back down on the couch, putting my head in my hands. My leg starts to involuntarily bounce up and down.

Shay furrows her brow. "Have you tried calling her?"

"Multiple times."

"And you checked every room?"

I nod, running my hand through my hair, anxiously tugging at the ends.

A flash of concern passes over her face. "That's not like her. Let me try to call her," she mumbles, dialing Joslyn's number and putting the phone up to her ear. She impatiently taps her foot as the phone rings, and rings, and rings. "No answer. Where the hell is she?"

"You don't think something bad happened to her do you?" I ask, voicing my biggest concern.

Shay nervously chews at her lip. "I don't know, Alex. I'm sure she's ok... it just doesn't make sense."

Worry sets over me, and I suddenly run through every scenario in my head. Is she hurt? Did she get kidnapped? Is there an emergency back home she had to rush to? Is it Hallie? Is she ok?

Not knowing what else to do, I pull out my phone and dial the only number I can think to call. It takes four rings for him to pick up.

"Hey," Joe's voice echoes through the phone.

"Hey, man. Have you heard from Joslyn lately?"

"Yeah, I talked to her the other day. Why, is something wrong?" he asks, voice projecting concern.

"No," I lie, not wanting to scare him just yet. "She's just... been acting a little off lately. I was wondering if maybe she mentioned anything to you about something that's bothering her or if anything's up."

"No, she didn't mention anything. She seemed pretty happy the last time we talked, nothing out of the ordinary."

"Ok, yeah, I was just wondering. I guess she's just having an off day." I let out a little chuckle to try to seem casual.

"Huh, well I'll give her a call later to see what's up."

"Yeah, if you figure anything out let me know."

"Will do, man. Take care of my sister," he says sternly, but playfully.

"I will. Talk to you later, Joe." I hang up and scrub my hands over my face.

Where the hell is she?

Expectationsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें